Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,151  
Good rain last night with some thunder and lightning on the front edge. Rain gauge showed about 2" this AM.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,152  
We got another thunderstorm last night and it dumped about an inch of much needled rain.
I haven't even started my lawn mower yet this year--should have been mowing since February.
We average almost 36 inches of a year here and have only a couple of inches cumulative so far.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,153  
We got another 3/4 inch of rain this morning. Forecast was another 2 inches. So Yippee.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,154  
Skipped us again. We're just west of Bastrop.
That puts you at about 5 inches, nice.
I expect a Memorial day flood since we seem to get feast or famine.
Can you put "west of Bastrop" in your profile. That way when we forget where you are located, we won't have to hunt thru old posts.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,155  
We got another thunderstorm last night and it dumped about an inch of much needled rain.
I haven't even started my lawn mower yet this year--should have been mowing since February.
We average almost 36 inches of a year here and have only a couple of inches cumulative so far.
We have already mowed 4 times this year.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,156  
I was a member of the Cloudcroft FB group for years. They did a survey of the members and I believe it was 86% of them moved there full time from Texas. It would be very amusing to me to see just how many people living statewide in NM came there from Texas. :D
Jack,
I am so embarrassed.😞 I just realized it was you that posted this.:eek: How are Y'all doing?
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,158  
Can you put "west of Bastrop" in your profile. That way when we forget where you are located, we won't have to hunt thru old posts.
hugs, Brandi
Isn't 'west of Bastrop' just Austin? :)

Texas is so big I tend to forget there are quite a few miles between dots on the map.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,159  
Isn't 'west of Bastrop' just Austin? :)

Texas is so big I tend to forget there are quite a few miles between dots on the map.
West of Bastrop is the Austin airport and no towns between but some nice country areas.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,160  
West of Bastrop is the Austin airport and no towns between but some nice country areas.
I was joking. I've made the run east of Austin many times along 130. It is starting to grow with Tesla moving in, but yes, there is a lot of space between the two.