Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,191  
I was up in Lubbock beginning of the week. Got a bit of rain up there and Temps were seasonably cool (high 80s). Was in Seguin last Saturday and it was hot and dry. Corn down there looked close to harvest.
In the southwest and parts of west Texas the monsoon season has started early. We have over 4” of rain where I live in the last 2 weeks and temps down 10-20 degrees from a few weeks ago. We’re hoping the monsoon stays around through September like normal years.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,192  
Our district is very frugal, as frugal as they can be. We got a great deal building our new high school about 12 years ago or so.

I'm personal friends with 2 of the administrators.
Too often the good administrators and teachers get tarred with the brush meant for the bad, and there are a lot of bad.

Nice rain in East Texas just before the 4th to quell the fire danger just a bit. Central Texas got some before that. Still need lots more rain.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,194  
Too often the good administrators and teachers get tarred with the brush meant for the bad, and there are a lot of bad.

Nice rain in East Texas just before the 4th to quell the fire danger just a bit. Central Texas got some before that. Still need lots more rain.
I only mentioned the taxing regimes because they have become so large. The various entities now consume 500 bucks a month for us. Total payment-PPI- on this property 43 years ago was 280.00 a month. Schools are so poor that we help nephews send their children to private schools--and their mother is a teacher at the local high school!

We finally got a one inch rain last Monday, we really needed it and hope for more.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,195  
I only mentioned the taxing regimes because they have become so large. The various entities now consume 500 bucks a month for us. Total payment-PPI- on this property 43 years ago was 280.00 a month. Schools are so poor that we help nephews send their children to private schools--and their mother is a teacher at the local high school!

We finally got a one inch rain last Monday, we really needed it and hope for more.
Yep. In Texas, for most of us, school district taxes accounts for about 70% Of the property taxes we pay. It’s completely out of hand.

Haven’t gotten any more of the much needed rain but they say it could be coming soon. Maybe.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,197  
I have seen some real serious alerts about grass fires south of Austin and the Hill Country today. Stay safe down in Montgomery Co.
Had burn piles going the last two weeks. I would burn it down to coals, then add logs. Montgomery County just issued a burn ban yesterday.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#7,198  
84° for a low this morning and going for 103° again for the high AND NO RELIEF OR RAIN IN SIGHT. We may have a new record high summer.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,199  
One of the things I noticed 17 years ago when we moved here is the high 'lows'. It got much hotter when we lived in Vegas, but it cooled down more at night in the desert.

Was looking at the forecast and we are supposed to get rain here in the Metroplex early next week.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,200  
1659655629180.jpeg