That wasn't part of the plan!

/ That wasn't part of the plan! #11  
I disagree with all of you. When it comes to a front tire failure, I leave the tractor where happens. I use the FEL to raise the front end and remove the wheel and get alternate transportation to get the tire back to the barn and either repair it there or take it to the tire shop.

/ That wasn't part of the plan! #12  
   / That wasn't part of the plan! #13  
On my B7800, the front tires (23-8.5 14 R4) the sidewalls are so stiff that one time I had a stick jamb between the rims and tire and it was difficult to tell that there was no pressure. The tire remained fully upright.

/ That wasn't part of the plan! #14  
I disagree with all of you. When it comes to a front tire failure, I leave the tractor where happens. I use the FEL to raise the front end and remove the wheel and get alternate transportation to get the tire back to the barn and either repair it there or take it to the tire shop.

I've only lost air in a front tire once. Lifting it up and driving 1/2 mile was much faster than the alternative option. Otherwise I would have had to driven to the house with is about 2 miles away to get tools, pull tire off, drive the same half mile to the air compressor and then put the wheel back on.

/ That wasn't part of the plan!
I took it by the truck/tractor tire place and they put it back together with a metal stem. Said it would fare better than the rubber type. I noticed he felt all around the edge of the tire on both sides. He told me after it was fixed that he was worried that it might have gotten too rough from driving it to the barn, for it to seal. It did though. Next time, I will leave it be and go get the jack to take it off where it is at. Too risky to ride back to the barn on it flopping around.

/ That wasn't part of the plan! #16  
OH NO! Too much ! I cannot believe you found such an applicable photo. Has to be an award of some sort for that find.
I’ve had that pic, minus the caption, as my screensaver for a couple years. Wife looked at it once, just shook her head. I wouldn’t dare ask her to do that in real life.......��

/ That wasn't part of the plan! #17  
I have had tires get tore up by going 300 yards on them flat, at less than 2 mph. stop and remove repair and replace, or use the loader method to drag it home,

/ That wasn't part of the plan! #18  
Thanks for sharing gwstang. I've only had one flat over the years and that was on a front tire of two wheel drive tractor and it went flat under the shed. Your account makes me think how I would handle a flat if I had one in the field. Since the tires on my M7060HD12 are probably the most expensive tires I've had on a tractor, I would just try to move it to a solid flat patch of ground, use the loader to jack up and remove the tire if it's a front tire. A rear would be more tricky, I think, since my rears are filled and weighted, I would say 'sh+t fire' and call the mobile truck to do the repair. I might have to add, 'and save the matches' to 'sh+t fire' in the future too.

/ That wasn't part of the plan!
My oldest son, that lives across the road, found the original tire valve that got knocked off. I don't know if it came out from the inside or outside of the tire. It is in perfect shape and I am still wondering how it got knocked out by dirt. Got a spare now...lol