Comparison The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #171  
Without getting in a peeing match with you I don't consider running hay to be farming nor do I consider running a shredder farming. Farming to me is tillage, discing and cultivating with ground engaging implements. Running hay is just big time mowing and shredding is mowing with coarse cut blades. So you have big mowers and balers but it all distills down to no ground engagement. You don't farm, you harvest a grass crop by mowing, raking and bailing it. Same as I do but your scale is much larger. I have zero issues with my tractors for what I do, they are just fine.
Running a couple little kubotas around with a little round baler to make a few dozen bales as a retirement hobby isnt a legitimate way to qualify any brand of tractor for being up to the task or not.
The kubotas I run have been problematic after 3000 hours of using them to make 2000 round bales a year, raking, carrying/loading bales, and bush hogging has been about all they can handle. They are maintained very well and not pushed very hard. I may not wax or detail the interiors, but fluids and filters are done on strict schedules and nothing but the best ones used.
Pretty much outgrown them anyway. One’s gone, the other may not be far behind.

Last edited:
   / The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #172  
And what issue is that?
Specifically with Kioti/Daedong they have a forced arbitration clause in their warranty which strips consumers of their right to bring litigation against the company if there is a breech of warranty. Another problem/issue is the company refuses to return calls or emails.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #173  
Specifically with Kioti/Daedong they have a forced arbitration clause in their warranty which strips consumers of their right to bring litigation against the company if there is a breech of warranty. Another problem/issue is the company refuses to return calls or emails.
I don’t know what the specifics were with the warrantee on our Kioti but after the fiasco my brother went threw with John Deere trying to get his fixed. His warrantee ran out while it was still broke but he had requested the repairs long before and they didn’t fix the issue, tried but failed to fix it, he had issues getting return calls, they didn’t want to pay for the repairs and in the end his cost was almost as much as fixing it himself!
We purchased a Kioti and have had no issues, no repairs, just simply a work horse and at least with an arbitration you have a mediation of some sort that doesn’t cost you attorney fees that could and in many cases cost as much as the repair itself.

Janet

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #174  

I read their warranty and did not see anything that stated you can not bring litigation. Also there is not anything that could be put in a warranty or any other document that trumps local law.

No manufacturer will communicate with the end user about warranty claims. It clearly states to take the item to an authorized service center.

I am not sure where this stuff comes from but it is bad information.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #175  
That's pretty much the norm with anything now.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #176  
I read their warranty and did not see anything that stated you can not bring litigation. Also there is not anything that could be put in a warranty or any other document that trumps local law.

No manufacturer will communicate with the end user about warranty claims. It clearly states to take the item to an authorized service center.

I am not sure where this stuff comes from but it is bad information.
File a Lemon Law complaint on a consumer product always gets the manufacturer front and center in California…

Consumer protection laws often do not apply to business use and tractors often fall into a grey area.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #177  
Go aheah, try calling Deere..... see how far you get.
All brands have a warranty hierarchy structure. Start at dealer, bump up to district rep, bump up to regional rep, bump up to corporate low level rep. If it goes any further, usually a lawyer is involved at that point.

Go get a warranty statement from just about anything worth more than $500.... they all have a statement about going to arbitration. It is the way corporations cover their butts instead of going to a court over a lawsuit.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #178  
I'll say this much, Kioti is the only Korean tractor manufacturer to have their warranty clearly visible on their website, and that said a lot to me.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #179  
Yes it does. They can have an excellent product, but the dealer is their interface to the customer.
I am a Deere guy and if I shop a Deere dealer and he gives me bad vibes I simply go to one of the other dozen Deere dealers within easy driving distance. Generally the dealers are willing and helpful.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #180  
Geography makes a difference no doubt.

Dealers are few and far with many counties having no Dealers in a region with millions of people and California is an AG producing state.

I’m amazed when in South Sound Area of WA state at the number and variety of dealers and many branch out to generators and power equipment with great service in my limited experience…