Comparison The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #191  
Not around here, for many miles the JD dealerships are just a part of the United Ag monolith. May as well be dealing directly with the manufacturer. I don't mind a small network of 2-5 dealerships, but UA is too big for my taste. Maybe the coming recession will get them responsive to customers.
I believe the three nearest JD dealers to me are all owned by the same company.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #192  
No real shortage of “big Ag“ dealers around here in South Central Wisconsin. There are 3 Case IH dealerships within 18 miles, 4 Deere dealerships within 23 miles or so, a couple Kubota joints, and a handful of attachment dealers also. If you go out a bit further, say 50 miles, I can’t even tell you how many tractor dealerships there are. One or two in any sizable town.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #193  
Oh I have, it's the equivalent to chewing nails.

This is an incorrect statement. LS, Kubota and JD do not have any arbitration clauses in their warranties.

Can you link me to LS' warranty? For the life of me, I can't find it.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #194  
If you want to cut through the crap and against the wall file a lawsuit naming dealer and manufacturer and for good measure file BBB complaint and if unlawful business practices involved file with District Attorney and copy State Licensing Board.

Believe me as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow they will all be contacting you!

And if it is safety related throw in the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

I’m a state certified Consumer Arbitrator and have seen all of the above.

What typically happens is someone high up the chain will reached out asking for the opportunity to make things right.

One technique is to go to the Dealer ask to speak with the person in charge and totally profession say you don’t know what else to do but to be clear you cannot or will not resolve the issue…

If they say no then say I just did not want any misunderstanding as to why I’m escalating this… sometimes this is the ice breaker to get things moving.

I’ve done that with court papers in my pocket for friends and never did go to court as it was resolved.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #196  
Last edited:
   / The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #197  
No… currently Chief Engineer for a local hospital with a property management business on the side.

Graduated from engineering school many years ago and apprenticed in a Tool and Machine Shop with some very interesting projects including the Space Shuttle. (Ended with Challenger disaster)

State certified arbitrator required a series of classes and certification… most of my cases were automotive related with some construction cases in the mix.

Back in the 80’s the Alternative Dispute Resolution process blossomed and California was quick to embrace…

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #198  
No… currently Chief Engineer for a local hospital with a property management business on the side.

Graduated from engineering school many years ago and apprenticed in a Tool and Machine Shop with some very interesting projects including the Space Shuttle. (Ended with Challenger disaster)

State certified arbitrator required a series of classes and certification… most of my cases were automotive related with some construction cases in the mix.

Back in the 80’s the Alternative Dispute Resolution process blossomed and California was quick to embrace…
Interesting :unsure: I will have to do some reading up about that.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #199  
Magnuson moss Warranty Act is Federal 1975 and Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act California 1970

The above are the underpinnings to what is commonly known as Lemon Law.

There are some interesting provisions and one is the original manufacturers warranty is extended by the number of days product is out of service due to a covered defect…

In general it pertains to manufacturer defects affecting Use, Value or Safety.

Of course abuse, misuse or failing to follow required manufacturer’s maintenance requirement are defenses.

Generally getting the attention of the right person gets the process moving.

Sometimes this takes extra ordinary effort to initiate.

The grey area is this is Consumer Protection and sometimes becomes difficult… say a high end Zero Turn mower used to maintain your private home OK as opposed to commercially used by a landscape company or sod farmer.

Last edited:
   / The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #200  
I did read this section and still do not see any language that the arbitration clause indicates it is ”binding”. It only requires that arbitration be the first course of action. If the consumer feels the matter was not resolved through arbitration then they have the right to bring litigation in the Courts.

The FTC also has ruled that ”Binding” arbitration is prohibited in warranties.

See attached article in the Nevada Law Journal.