The Cold Came.....

/ The Cold Came..... #1  

MarkF48

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2216
.... and so did the mice.....into the house.

I've had mice in the past, but seems like more of them this year for some reason. Traps are set and baited with peanut butter and have caught a few already. Wife wants no part of emptying the traps :rolleyes:. It's pretty much futile to try to plug all the holes they can get into in an old 1800's house.

/ The Cold Came..... #2  
You might be surprise what other critter move in as well wthe cold temps.

/ The Cold Came.....
You might be surprise what other critter move in as well wthe cold temps.

Like the garter snake the wife almost stepped on in the cellar laundry area a few years ago? :D

/ The Cold Came..... #5  
This is timely.

Wifey just texted a few minutes ago *eek! * :eek:

She was greeted by a mouse in the living room, with the two dogs asleep at the switch!

:laughing:

/ The Cold Came..... #6  
More entertainment - the lastest post from wifey.............

"I have a tupperware bowl covering it -- it will stay there until one of you comes home to kill and dispose of it!"

This from a woman raised with 4 brothers & has two sons! It must be the huge, gnashing teeth that get to 'em, eh? :confused2:

/ The Cold Came..... #8  
Aren't deer mice the ones that might carry hantavirus? Be very careful about any feces.

- Jay

/ The Cold Came..... #9  
We don't have mice, but I have an infestation of citrus trees in my living room. We have a bunch in pots that the ranch boss brought in because of the cold. Walking from the front door to my office is like walking through an orchard. Noting quite ripe yet, or at least I could have picked a grapefruit on my way to my office.