The color of tractors

/ The color of tractors #21  
At Gleaner our color was galvanized even though part of Allis-Chalmers with corporate orange. We had problems in the 1980's getting consistent galvanizing - ranging from dull to bright silver. So our group president decided we should go any color a customer wanted. We had to spray with a special wash to get paint to stick to galvanized metal and went ahead. Turned out customers wanted galvanized Gleaners. They would continue to complain that all the panels did not match but don't ruin them by painting them - except for the welded frame parts which stayed painted basic black.

/ The color of tractors #22  
They dealer network, to me, is kind of a chicken or the egg thing. If people buy the lesser names (LS, Branson, Kioti, etc.) their dealer networks will grow. The biggest argument against them is their dealer network not being big enough.
That's a good point I won't argue with.

/ The color of tractors #24  
Those two words usually don't go together.
The major players generally have fairly similar MSRPs for similar units and the sale price thus depends on the dealer. For me this most recent time, the CNH dealers were high, particularly the New Holland dealer. Kubota was competitive but only if I was comparing fairly heavily optioned tractors, which I did not want. Massey has pretty much imploded and there is little dealer support around here. I didn't particularly want a comblock tractor and the Koreans don't sell anything except compacts here. The Deere dealer actually wanted to sell a tractor, so my tractor is green.

Growing up, my Dad had an assortment of Deere and New Holland equipment and right now it is pretty much all blue and red/yellow. My parents kept my toy tractors from when I was a kid and gave them to my kids, they are red and green but all made by ERTL in Iowa.

/ The color of tractors #25  
The major players generally have fairly similar MSRPs for similar units and the sale price thus depends on the dealer. For me this most recent time, the CNH dealers were high, particularly the New Holland dealer. Kubota was competitive but only if I was comparing fairly heavily optioned tractors, which I did not want. Massey has pretty much imploded and there is little dealer support around here. I didn't particularly want a comblock tractor and the Koreans don't sell anything except compacts here. The Deere dealer actually wanted to sell a tractor, so my tractor is green.

Growing up, my Dad had an assortment of Deere and New Holland equipment and right now it is pretty much all blue and red/yellow. My parents kept my toy tractors from when I was a kid and gave them to my kids, they are red and green but all made by ERTL in Iowa.
"Massey has pretty much imploded and there is little dealer support around here." Why do you think that is?

"The Deere dealer actually wanted to sell a tractor, so my tractor is green." I think you are the one and only person that has said this. Me and everyone else has experienced the opposite.

/ The color of tractors #26  
"Massey has pretty much imploded and there is little dealer support around here." Why do you think that is?

"The Deere dealer actually wanted to sell a tractor, so my tractor is green." I think you are the one and only person that has said this. Me and everyone else has experienced the opposite.

Massey-Ferguson has had significant issues since the 1980s with management of the company and had changed hands several times. I suspect that is the underlying issue, just with how Sears was a slow-moving train wreck due to poor management and withered and all but died as a result.

Like I said, the dealer makes the difference here. The previous group that ran the Deere dealers didn't do well, which is why my zero turn is not green. That is also why my Dad went from mainly Deere equipment to mainly New Holland. But that group got bought out and the disposition at the Deere dealer with the new owners changed significantly.

/ The color of tractors #27  
Red seems to be what I remember, along with green and some gray. HOWEVER, if I suddenly came into a great deal of wealth, I'd have one of these:

/ The color of tractors #29  
My grandpa had a JD tractor, my dad had a JD lawn tractor and all my Ertl toys were green. All of the other color tractors looked wrong to me. Growing up I dreamed of the day when I could afford my own green tractor. When that day came, I bought without looking at anything else seriously. That JD compared to my dad's and grandpa's was closer to a plastic toy than a real machine made to last. When I needed to get a UTV, I really didn't want a green one anymore and instead looked around at everything there was to offer. I would up with a Kubota. I learned not to let the color/brand be the deciding factor.

/ The color of tractors #30  
Color has almost always been the last thing I consider. I take color out of the equation. JD has always been a good tractor for me, I've had great luck with dependability and quality. Plus they hold value like Kubota. The 4105 was a great value when we bought it and has had no issues. The Z-turn I just bought was similarly priced and again runs great. I actually had issues with the local JD dealership and had to drive 70 miles to get away from them but it was so worth it! Even my vehicles, I've never picked the color. I like blue but have had a red, purple, silver and teal.

Learn to live with the color you get and you can save alot of headaches!