The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #785  
Lost a good friend this weekend. Byron Berline. Well renowned fiddler, founding member of the Bluegrass group Country Gazette. Played with the Dillards when they were making appearances on the Andy Griffin show as the Darlings. He was an in demand session fiddler in California. Played on recordings by the Rolling Stones (remember the fiddle break on "Honky Tonk Woman"?), Bob Dylan and most country stars of the period. Did the soundtrack and appeared in the "Deadwood" series.
Retired to Guthrie, Oklahoma and opened his Fiddleshop and Music Hall and still played with the Byron Berline Band. Loved to play golf (that's how I met him) and was a fine family man and friend. Died from complications of a stroke, was 77 years old. RIP old buddy!

/ The day the music died. #786  
Lost a good friend this weekend. Byron Berline. Well renowned fiddler, founding member of the Bluegrass group Country Gazette. Played with the Dillards when they were making appearances on the Andy Griffin show as the Darlings. He was an in demand session fiddler in California. Played on recordings by the Rolling Stones (remember the fiddle break on "Honky Tonk Woman"?), Bob Dylan and most country stars of the period. Did the soundtrack and appeared in the "Deadwood" series.
Retired to Guthrie, Oklahoma and opened his Fiddleshop and Music Hall and still played with the Byron Berline Band. Loved to play golf (that's how I met him) and was a fine family man and friend. Died from complications of a stroke, was 77 years old. RIP old buddy!

Sorry for your loss. We are getting to that age where friends are leaving. It’s not easy.

MoKelly

/ The day the music died. #788  

Sorry to hear.

/ The day the music died. #789  
Jeff LaBar, guitarist of Cinderella passed away the other day. In my old band we used to play a couple tunes off that first album in our set.

/ The day the music died. #790  
I just saw that their long-time touring keyboard player Gary Corbett also died on the same day. Tough times for those guys.
I, too, played in a couple of bands back in the day that played some of their stuff.