The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #791  
Just read that Robby Steinhardt, violinist, singer, and founding member of the prog rock band Kansas, has died at 71 of acute pancreatitis.

Always loved the music from those guys.

/ The day the music died. #792  
Just read that Robby Steinhardt, violinist, singer, and founding member of the prog rock band Kansas, has died at 71 of acute pancreatitis.

Always loved the music from those guys.
RIP

Saw Kansas and Yes at the same show, Cominsky Park, south side of Chicago.

The review the next day said something about fitting so many notes in each measure etc.

/ The day the music died. #793  
Dusty Hill of ZZ top past away

Sad. First album I ever bought was Tres Hombres at age 10

/ The day the music died. #794  
I hate that. I've seen them many times. They never got old. I always figured Frank would be the first one to go.

/ The day the music died. #795  
Was just going to post this. They were scheduled to play at our fair in September.

/ The day the music died. #797  
It's official, I'm getting old.

That said, I still cover my dads Sirus XM radio for his car because he can access the 40's and 50's dedicated stations on the radio (and when he lets me drive it, I love the 70's and 80's LOL).

When I hear him speak of singers and bands "long gone", I'm starting to sound more and more like him.

Rock and Roll will never die.

Last Concert I can remember was Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

Last edited:
   / The day the music died. #798  
All the real musicians are old, dead or dying...Truly there's any music left.

/ The day the music died. #799  
It's official, I'm getting old.

That said, I still cover my dads Sirus XM radio for his car because he can access the 40's and 50's dedicated stations on the radio (and when he lets me drive it, I love the 70's and 80's LOL).

When I hear him speak of singers and bands "long gone", I'm starting to sound more and more like him.

Rock and Roll will never die.

Last Concert I can remember was Neil Young and Crazy Horse.
Yes, we are beginning to all sound like your dad.

There's maybe a few modern artists that I'll even listen to. No rap.

My 92 yo mom grew up in the big band era, but she even liked most all the '60's and '70's music. She loved most of the British Invasion bands, The Doors, Santana, Motown....etc.