The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #851  
I believe that Ray Benson and Asleep at the Wheel have a version of that also.

/ The day the music died. #852  
Several people have done versions of that cigarette song. Others were Tex Ritter and Dave Dudley.

/ The day the music died. #854  
I saw the Eagles “Hell Freeses Over“ tour way back when. That was the last time I got stoned too, lol. But the greatest guitarist I have seen in person was Carlos Santana, bar none. Geez I’m old, ugh

/ The day the music died. #856  
There is great music today. Just as good as in the '60s and '70's, but its not on the radio. You have to look for it on the internet. The old ways of selling music changed as there is no physical sales of recordings any more. And there is no such thing as a top forty that is universally understood to be good music. I have no ideal why "Industry Baby" is the number one tune right now according to Rolling Stones. Its an in your face political statement with no talent, involved, and auto tune. And I'm all for a political statement, but there isn't anything interesting in the musical composition or the lyrics that makes you think about anything else, you didn't already know, and its all about something immediate, and not universal to the human condition. Find these self published bands and support them, buying some thing, even if its just a few dollars. The old vectors, and sense that music will universally appeal to many people, doesn't work on commercial, traditional venues any more. At least, doesn't as a consumer, work for me, any more. I'll listen, on the collected play lists, to unrecognized, not top any thing, true poets that make me think. :)

/ The day the music died. #859  
I had a lot of fun with Commander Cody back in my 20's. We sure had our share of drinking, me and my buddy's. Of course CC was only along in the cassette player in the jeep. His "To much fun" comes to mind. 👍