The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #864  
Just learned that Emmett Chapman, inventor and builder of the Chapman Stick, died of cancer on Monday.

/ The day the music died. #866  
had to look that one up

RIP
Yeah, not a widely known guy, or instrument. I've always wanted one, a 12-string Grand Stick. Just always end up spending my instrument money on something else.

/ The day the music died. #870  
I guess Charlie Watts - Drummer for the Rolling Stones passed away about a month ago. He was quiet and funny, I always liked him.

I saw him in an interview one time. He was asked " is there anything you have not done that you would really like to do." He answered - Yes. I would like to learn to pay the drums. WHAT! You are the drummer for the Stones? He said, true, but there are so many young drummers today in clubs they can do so much that I never learned to do. I would like to learn to play like some of them. They are really good.

My daughter and I went to Cessna Stadium in Wichita to see them in 2006 - Bigger Bang - Better than the Whippersnappers tour. They stayed at the same hotel as we and we were able to visit with Charlie and Ronnie Woods for about 20 minutes. Charlie always seemed to have that dry English sense of humor.