The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #893  
Michael Nesmith of "The Monkees" passed away. They were more of a kid's show than musicians, yet when they were on I was a kid.
Actually, 3 of them (Nesmith, Jones & Dolenz) were established musicians before joining the Monkees. I was in high school during their 15 minutes of fame. Liked a lot of their songs, thought the tv show was lame.
Nesmith wrote Linda Ronstadt's first hit "Different Drum".

/ The day the music died. #895  
Didn't Nesmith start MTV?

Answered my own question.
From wiki:

He created one of the first American television programs dedicated to music videos, PopClips, which aired on Nickelodeon in 1980. He was asked to help produce and create MTV, but had prior commitments with his production company.

/ The day the music died. #898  
Not too well known outside of Canada, except maybe for Signs.

RIP Les. Rgds, D.

Five Man Electrical Band's Les Emmerson, writer of rock classic 'Signs,' dead at 77
Love that song. My kids love it, too.
Kinda makes me laugh. In an age where theres virtually no rock music being created, I have teenagers and a post teen who love that song.
I like to listen to it after a rough day of work to ease the pain.

Has to be the biggest of all one-hit wonder songs of all time?!?

/ The day the music died. #899  
Thanks to the tech we have access to, us mere mortals can peek into Heaven once and a while....

Rgds, D.

Edit - watching it, for the first time, right now. Spoken exchange, in-between songs: Albert "(promise me).... The Better you Get, the Harder You Work".

A couple of universities worth of Wisdom, right there.....

D.

Last edited:
   / The day the music died. #900  
Has to be the biggest of all one-hit wonder songs of all time?!?
Kids and Teens..... born asking Why ?, then get louder about it later....

Many Adults stop asking.... but if you've got one molecule of Questioning left in your bloodstream, the song still plays well,,,, (y)
Rgds, D.