The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R

/ The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
So this the the second time in my tractors 335 hour history that the emission light has come on and pretty much stayed on. The first time this happened was at around 200 hours. Last time the tractor was still under warranty and Branson gave me a remanufactured or "cooked off" canister. I doubt I will have similar luck this time, so it might be time to take matters in my own hands. Any advice? I have read all of the posts on here, just wondering if we have learned anything new since the last one. I doubt I will go as far as adding the muffler, might just do a canister gut job.

/ The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R #2  
Has performance fallen off? If not maybe just unplug the data logger.

I did the muffler thing right after I bought my 4815C. You can just gut the canister. No problem.

/ The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R #3  
That's the old system where you need to keep enough load on the engine for it to get enough heat in the DPF to keep burning.

I suggest that you take it down the road, the highest gear, for a couple of miles. That outta put some heat on that canister to burn whatever it's inside. Make sure 4WD is disengaged if you do this.

/ The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R
Has performance fallen off? If not maybe just unplug the data logger.

I did the muffler thing right after I bought my 4815C. You can just gut the canister. No problem.
I have not really noticed a marked decrease in performance
That's the old system where you need to keep enough load on the engine for it to get enough heat in the DPF to keep burning.

I suggest that you take it down the road, the highest gear, for a couple of miles. That outta put some heat on that canister to burn whatever it's inside. Make sure 4WD is disengaged if you do this.
I did that just yesterday. Did not work, light still on.

/ The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R #5  
I have not really noticed a marked decrease in performance

I did that just yesterday. Did not work, light still on.
Could be a bad sensor on the exhaust filter, or it didn't get hot enough for long enough.

/ The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R #6  
Time for the Ultimate Solution, in my opinion.

If I'd have known how great it was, I wouldn't have waited near as long to do the mod.

And performance of your tractor has probably fallen off so gradually that you haven't really noticed it. I was surprised by the sudden power increase after mine was done.

It's been 5 years since the mod. Zero issues. Zero regrets. Just do it already. :)

/ The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R
Time for the Ultimate Solution, in my opinion.

If I'd have known how great it was, I wouldn't have waited near as long to do the mod.

And performance of your tractor has probably fallen off so gradually that you haven't really noticed it. I was surprised by the sudden power increase after mine was done.

It's been 5 years since the mod. Zero issues. Zero regrets. Just do it already. :)
It is 100% time. I told myself if this ever happened again I would take care of it once and for all. Another blessing of buying a Branson is that this option is available to us.

Did you do the muffler mod or just gut the can? If a gut, can you give me some pointers on what and how you did it?

/ The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R #8  
It is 100% time. I told myself if this ever happened again I would take care of it once and for all. Another blessing of buying a Branson is that this option is available to us.

Did you do the muffler mod or just gut the can? If a gut, can you give me some pointers on what and how you did it?
I did the muffler mod. Apologize for not posting the link before, but when you said you "read all the posts", I assume you meant this one as well:

Exhaust Mod on my 3725

/ The Dreaded Emission Light is back on - 2019 3015R #9  
On that older system, it's even easier to deal with.

On the 2020 or 2021 models and up, the system it's more integrated on the electric system, like gauges and what not.