The duh moment

/ The duh moment #11  
Got time for a longer story?
I work out on the road and usually long hours. Leaving the RV early and back late.
We had been pulling 12-14 hrs everyday for about 3 weeks and everyone was wore out. I finally told the guys to take an early day one Sunday (8 hr day).
Drove back to RV, about 4pm. Pulled off boots, opened a beer and promptly fell asleep.
Woke up from a hard sleep, looked at my old beat up watch and it said 6:00. Work starts at 7:00 am on my jobs. I tore through the morning routine, blowed off coffee and breakfast and hit the road. Stopping at McDonald's, I asked for the Big Breakfast. The young girl looked at me like a nut and said it was too late for breakfast. My watch said 6:40. So cheeseburgers for breakfast.
I headed on down the road, turned left in the final road to the job site and noticed the sun coming up from the West instead of the east.
And then it hit me.
I didn't sleep all night. I had slept about two hours and thought is was morning and I was late!

Good story!.. I have always wondered why us civilians don't use a 24 hour clock here in the 21st century? Why are we still stuck with this stupid 12 hour clock system? What would be so hard about switching to a 24 hour clock like the military has done for a century.? Our society runs 24 hours a day now for many things, Why do we have to screw around with the AM PM thing? See if we had all switched over to a 24 hour clock your watch would have said 1800 not some stupid 6:00 oclock thing.

/ The duh moment #12  
Here's another great one I remember. I always showed up at work early and one day was extra early because it was an exciting Spring day. I tidied up, turned everyone' computers on and even made coffee, although I don't drink it. I'll show them I'm in tune with the times.

Come the appointed hour, no one was there. Those rascals, I thought; they have screwed with me before and everyone's probably waiting outside to make me look foolish. Turns out I could do that all by myself.

It was "Patriot's Day" in New England where I was, and was a holiday. No one was coming in--sniff-- and not only did I feel like a dunce, I wasted the most important part of the day doing it.

/ The duh moment #13  
I just moved after living in the same place for 12 years. Went to the pharmacy and the asked me for my old address. I had no idea, after all I had moved 3 or 4 days ago. How do they expect me to remember stuff so long. :confused3:

Thanks for this thread, it helps me to know I am not the only one. Ed

/ The duh moment #14  
Old and memory shortcomings abbreviations

CRS.....Can't remember stuff.....well that the clean way of putting it :D
AAADD........age activated attention deficit disorder - this is what I have
Sometimers.........sometimes you remember, and sometimes you dont - boss unit has this now
Senior Moments.........when you just stand then looking......well dumb :confused2: Do not confuse this with Blond Moments - they are much more dangerous. :eek:

And last my Grandfather had Alzheimer's .... he used to joke that it was the best thing to happen to him. He got to forget everything he wanted to forget about anyway. and that everyday he got to know a new person and see a new world and learn something new. He was 98 when he passed and lived life to the fullest every minute. I still miss him. He was a railroad engineer and told a story about trying to find a certain RR car one day...spent all day looking only to find it attached to the rear of the work train he had been running around the yard searching for it. :confused3::)