The Heaviest BoxBlade Ever

/ The Heaviest BoxBlade Ever
Henry, I enjoy the wandering prose (we apparently have similar minds), but thought I'd hopefully give you a "leg up" on your welding - you keep referring to using DCEN, and that makes me nervous when I see your boom pole's insert add-on hanging BELOW the pole itself (meaning the WELD is the only thing keeping it from falling) - DCEN (usually called STRAIGHT polarity) is mainly used for fast/light sheet metal work so it doesn't burn through. This is because DCEN makes the current flow from electrode to the work, which causes increased deposition but puts LESS HEAT into the work, which causes LESS PENETRATION.

For more penetration you want DCEP, otherwise known as REVERSE polarity. With current flowing from work to electrode, deposition is slowed down and work is heated more, causing better penetration and stronger welds.

electrode positive or electrode negative

If you can read (and you obviously have no problem with that) Jody will teach you the rest (unless you're lucky enough to live close enough to someone like Shield Arc, which is even better)... Steve
Thank you. Will reinforce that point. I understand what you are saying there.