The high cost of cutting grass

/ The high cost of cutting grass #43  
   / The high cost of cutting grass #44  
The rattler map is kinda vague...no rattlers east of the Missouri in SD (no other wild venomous either)...basically cuts the state in half...If a rattler shows up East River, it makes the state news. Always track it back to hitching a ride on a hay wagon or similar from West River. Not sure why they don't survive East River.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #45  
The rattler map is kinda vague...no rattlers east of the Missouri in SD (no other wild venomous either)...basically cuts the state in half...If a rattler shows up East River, it makes the state news. Always track it back to hitching a ride on a hay wagon or similar from West River. Not sure why they don't survive East River.
I do also question the map in places. I’m sure that the blank area in western Colorado showing no prairie rattlers is wrong. But I posted the map to illustrate that rattlesnakes are widespread in the US.

Last edited:
   / The high cost of cutting grass #46  
The map looks good for our area as the rattlers are mostly in the driftless area (SW WI).

/ The high cost of cutting grass #47  
Seems like her in Eastern Washington, wherever there are rocks for the snakes to sun on, there are snakes. No rocks, no snakes. (Not totally true but mostly true). We only have rattle snakes, garter snakes and bull snakes. Snakes don't bother me much. I respect them and just leave them alone if I see one. I don't feel compelled to kill them like some people. The last thing they really want to do is bite you and waste their venom on something they can't eat.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #48  
Sometimes I think that lawns, especially large lawns are a rather senseless luxury. The labor, the equipment, the fuel, the water it takes to maintain them is rather intense. My guess is that lawns are going to start falling more out of favor as the world moves on. In places like New Mexico and Arizona they are a rare sight for obvious reasons.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #49  
Well heck, just trade your tractor/mower for an electric!
Great idea! Need to plug in for 8 hours after 1 hour use. 3 days to mow the lawn.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #50  
Can you guess what it is going to cost to cut grass this year...... when you need to cut twice a week .... My 4500P takes 3 hours to cut without trimming so at 5.00 @ gal. thats 15.00 twice a week. I may have to change how much I cut and how often...
The war will and did raise the prices here all ready and now a refinery blows up down south, that should send it through the roof..... Jim
Why panic and say 5.00 per gallon, why not 8, 10, 12?