The Landscape thread

/ The Landscape thread #101  
My wife is from Calais. Her yellow lab spent a good year in Vermont with her prior to moving to NC. Although the dogs ashes are burried in our garden here, some of those ashes are spread out on the road to #2 pond outside of Calais, as you couldn't keep that dog out of the water and we all agreed that it would only be fitting for some of her to be laid up there LOL Forgot to add, that lab would love a good 5 ft stick and try and have you take it off her. She'd go swinging it back and forth snorting, that if you got to close, she could hurt you LOL

View attachment 509646

From the mail box walking to the house. You can see the garden in the background.

Small world. My wife is from Calais too!

/ The Landscape thread #102  
Small world. My wife is from Calais too!

It can be (a small world).

If your wifes family is still in Calais, I have little doubt that they knew my MIL. She use to run the post office up there, but has since retired and now is living an hour south of us. FIL spent 30 years working for Washington Electric Co-op running power lines. He's actually enjoying the warmer weather to (surprised us all). I was born north of Vermont, and our two boys (from NC) love to spend time in Vermont, but they only go up in the summer and tell use they want to move up there, but they complain like all heck when it's 30 degrees here in the winter LMAO.

Sidenote - last day our yellow lab was with us. Made sure she could spend one last time in the water in the creek out back. Talking about #2 made me think of her. GREAT dog.

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.38.54 PM.png

Last edited:
   / The Landscape thread #103  
It can be (a small world).

If your wifes family is still in Calais, I have little doubt that they knew my MIL. She use to run the post office up there, but has since retired and now is living an hour south of us. FIL spent 30 years working for Washington Electric Co-op running power lines. He's actually enjoying the warmer weather to (surprised us all). I was born north of Vermont, and our two boys (from NC) love to spend time in Vermont, but they only go up in the summer and tell use they want to move up there, but they complain like all heck when it's 30 degrees here in the winter LMAO.

Sidenote - last day our yellow lab was with us. Made sure she could spend one last time in the water in the creek out back. Talking about #2 made me think of her. GREAT dog.

View attachment 509655

Seems like she went out happy.

My wife moved away from Calais when she was 12. Her family is clustered on Berlin Pond

/ The Landscape thread
CT 1 - Copy.jpg

/ The Landscape thread
river.JPG

/ The Landscape thread #106  
These were taken at home. I’m coming up on year 4 at this property. I might be done in a couple more years.

IMG_1611.JPGIMG_1112.JPGIMG_0018.jpgIMG_0031.jpgIMG_1794.JPGIMG_1073.JPGIMG_1075.JPG

This is from the back yard looking towards the front
IMG_0037.jpg

/ The Landscape thread #107  
Wow! You are truly blessed...that is breathingtakingly beautiful.

/ The Landscape thread

Last edited: