The last Barn. (maybe)

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #21  
Whoa! 70 feet wide and 96 feet long.... thats nuts. Where's all the "stuff" you need to store in there? Concrete slab bill is gonna be insane.

SO! How did you raise those huge roof truss sections?

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Whoa! 70 feet wide and 96 feet long.... thats nuts. Where's all the "stuff" you need to store in there? Concrete slab bill is gonna be insane.

SO! How did you raise those huge roof truss sections?
Later on I'll have pictures of the "stuff" inside. Concrete was expensive but the metal was the most costly thing in the whole build.
We used a boom truck to raise the truss sections. It was scary lifting that big of object that high but we did it without incident. I'll add I would never do it that way again. Too much twisting and the boom truck barely had the power to lift them. Although it did go fast, all trusses were up and bolted in about 3.5 hours.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #23  
Huge change seeing those trusses in place!!!

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Huge change seeing those trusses in place!!!
For sure. The neighbor helping me raise the trusses would like to build basically the same middle section. (no awnings) After seeing it and how easy it was he is ready. He has some big equipment and would like a place to work on it during the winter. He farms several hundred acres and has lots of "stuff".

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Here's the LVL's going on hooking the awning posts to the truss posts. FYI truss posts are 6X8X20, awning posts are 6X6X16.
IMG_0923.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpeg
IMG_0925.jpeg
IMG_0931.jpeg

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #26  
Lynn, good stuff!!!! Had been wondering about you. Good to see your progress. Thanks for another excellent thread with pics!!!!

As to the age thing, "Don't Let The Old Man In". :cool:

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #27  
It's been almost 4 years since you started the other thread about moving. I'll bet you will be so glad to get it finished.

Your wife is super hero.

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
It's been almost 4 years since you started the other thread about moving. I'll bet you will be so glad to get it finished.

Your wife is super hero.
I can't express how happy I am to get this barn done/usable. Yes, my wife is a super hero and always willing to help.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #30