The light can be bad some times.

/ The light can be bad some times. #31  
I definitely agree with the "excessively" bright whiz-bang lights!! Those are my main headaches about driving at night, especially when the knuckle-head doesn't dim them while approaching.
Just frustrating!!
Overly bright headlamps are my nemesis. When I began diving in the 50s most cars were 6 volts. Present day OEM headlamps are easily 4x as bright as those old 6v but people back then would flash you EVERY TIME if you didn't dim your lights. It was "kool" to lower the rear of cars but that caused dim to look bright until next time car had annual state safty inspection where they checked and adjusted lights. At those speeds along with roar and rattles you could usually recognize familiar cars. I've heard people tell another when meeting at the store "next time you blind me with your lights I'll throw a wrench through your windshield". Hard to believe how tolerant we are of bright lights now days.

/ The light can be bad some times. #32  
Legal to park on the road in many places

Sadly, I learned that was true in my rural area two years ago as construction people were parking there all day. Was first told it was legal such for such as UPS or a freight truck to for loading or unloading. When I asked then to explain to me how leaving a trailer unhooked is there for loading or unloading. Never saw one ticketed. I expect to see some sliced by a large farm disk or other implement trying to thread a needle.

/ The light can be bad some times. #33  
Putting out a couple of cones or triangle reflectors in that situation would have been awfully kind of them

/ The light can be bad some times. #34  
Legal to park on the road in many places

I see a lot of people that stop on the roadway so they can play with their cell phone.

You are also responsible for not parking your vehicle on the roadway.
Streetcar is right,no law against parking in the road most places. Going faster than orange construction signs say isn't illegal either but that hasn't stopped cops giving tickets and judges doubling fines. Check it out,it has been tested in court more than once and ruled speed limit is that posted on regular signs even when lower limit posted on construction signs. Tell me justice is fair and I'll tell you it's only fair for those that can afford lawyers.

/ The light can be bad some times. #35  
Obstruction of Traffic is a Misdemeanor here.

IC 35-44.1-2-13 Obstruction of traffic
Sec. 13. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a person who, with the intent to obstruct vehicular or pedestrian traffic, obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic commits obstruction of traffic, a Class B misdemeanor.

(b) The offense described in subsection (a) is:

(1) a Class A misdemeanor if the offense includes the use of a motor vehicle; and

(2) a Level 6 felony if the offense results in serious bodily injury.

(c) A person who unreasonably obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic commits a Class C infraction.

(d) It is a defense to an action under subsection (c) that the obstruction was caused by a vehicle malfunction.

/ The light can be bad some times. #36  
Obstruction of Traffic is a Misdemeanor here.

IC 35-44.1-2-13 Obstruction of traffic
Sec. 13. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a person who, with the intent to obstruct vehicular or pedestrian traffic, obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic commits obstruction of traffic, a Class B misdemeanor.

(b) The offense described in subsection (a) is:

(1) a Class A misdemeanor if the offense includes the use of a motor vehicle; and

(2) a Level 6 felony if the offense results in serious bodily injury.

(c) A person who unreasonably obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic commits a Class C infraction.

(d) It is a defense to an action under subsection (c) that the obstruction was caused by a vehicle malfunction.
I'll give you two to one a lawyahoo can use this to get charges dismissed. Parking in the road while you eat lunch is not intended to obstruct traffic,laying down,standing or parking in the road in protest is intended to obstruct traffic.

/ The light can be bad some times. #37  
A few years ago I encountered something similar while driving up the interstate in a 70 MPH zone; two guys in the breakdown lane with their doors open working on their vehicle. I didn't even see them until I was upon them; not sure how they were working without a light. It scared me so bad that I jumped off at the next exit; went back around and came up behind them. I offered to help but they said they were fine. I then suggested that they at least turn their dome light on so that people could see them; they let me know on no uncertain terms I should mind my own business.
Some would say I should have called 911 but based on past experience that's a complete waste of time, unless there is blood and body parts strewn over the roadway.

/ The light can be bad some times.
I remember that there was a sticker many people had on their campers, for cross country travel, that was a face with a halo, on it it called "Good Sam." It meant this person is just attempting to help and believed in helping as an out reach.
Sorry about your experience JST. Good Sams are becoming few and far between, for just this sort of reason. :)

/ The light can be bad some times. #39  
Good Sam is like AAA for RVs. Still can get it if you want.

/ The light can be bad some times. #40  
A few years ago I encountered something similar while driving up the interstate in a 70 MPH zone; two guys in the breakdown lane with their doors open working on their vehicle. I didn't even see them until I was upon them; not sure how they were working without a light. It scared me so bad that I jumped off at the next exit; went back around and came up behind them. I offered to help but they said they were fine. I then suggested that they at least turn their dome light on so that people could see them; they let me know on no uncertain terms I should mind my own business.
Some would say I should have called 911 but based on past experience that's a complete waste of time, unless there is blood and body parts strewn over the roadway.
I was sitting in my car broke down and waiting for a tow in Detroit when 2 guys drove up behind and began jacking the rear of my car up. I jumped out and yelled "hey git away from here and leave this car alone". By then they were on both sides loosening lug nuts and one said "hey man this is our turf but you can have the stereo,all we want are the tires".🤣