The members here are better off growing and eating a lot of garlic.👌👌

/ The members here are better off growing and eating a lot of garlic.👌👌 #61  
Todays my lunch menu :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Raw garlic, spicy marinated crabs, Korean noodles and Of Course a cup of red wine..
Feeling like to be heaven:giggle::giggle::giggle:

View attachment 766606

View attachment 766609

Sorry I missed this earlier. Anything to do with wine intrigues me. Apart from averaging more than a bottle a day for well over 40 years, I have lived in wine growing areas in Australia and Portugal for about 30 of that time and grown and produced on a small scale. My first line is that nobody can tell you what you like to drink. Having agreed with somebody that that is so, I always like them to tell me what they would have with what I am/was eating in preference to my choice. I then try it the next time, provided it is not highly priced!

In the hope you agree with my stance, can I ask why you chose a Pinot with such powerful dishes? I am not familiar with the particular wine, but you would obviously not choose what is generally referred to as a "fine wine" with that food, especially at lunch time, but rather an everyday drinking one. I have always found Pinot to be rather less assertive than most varieties and would have thought a big Aussie Shiraz (I had one today at lunch - only a glass and a half) or perhaps a Tinta Roriz/Tempranillo (same grape in Portugal/Spain) would have shown itself and not be overwhelmed.

I must stress I never "score" wines, I either like them or do not, and I think that is sufficient comment on any wine. I cannot imagine ever speaking favourably of a wine that I thought smelled of old cigar boxes, etc. I would never tell somebody that what they are drinking is "wrong". Nobody should ever do that, but I remain curious. After all, I might be missing a great combination of food and wine.