The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner?

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #142  
This is about my third post to this thread, I guess that makes it more than “one thing”. I bought one of those cordless Dewalt impacts a couple of days ago. I bought the 3/8” drive size because I wanted something smaller and handier than my air driven impact. I’m impressed with it, it’s got enough torque to loosen lug nuts. I did all four brakes on my daughters car and it came in handy for that. It’s on the bottom shelf of my rolling cart in the picture.
IMG_2144.jpeg

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #143  
This is about my third post to this thread, I guess that makes it more than “one thing”. I bought one of those cordless Dewalt impacts a couple of days ago. I bought the 3/8” drive size because I wanted something smaller and handier than my air driven impact. I’m impressed with it, it’s got enough torque to loosen lug nuts. I did all four brakes on my daughters car and it came in handy for that. It’s on the bottom shelf of my rolling cart in the picture.
View attachment 807739
I have a 3/8 drive and a 1/2 inch Both Ryobi 18v.
I buy all Ryobi so the batteries fit all. Handy stuff indeed.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #145  
My tractor! We built our house in 2002. I wish I had the brains then to go ahead and invest the money in diesel subcompact. I didn't get my X585 (technically a garden tractor) until 2016 and I lament not having bought something similar much sooner.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #146  
A 10-ton Blackhawk Porta-Power. Not something I use every day but sure has come in handy when I did need it.
B7537F89-06C3-4492-B3F6-4087C323C8B0.jpeg

This is something I keep in my side pocket almost every day, very handy: Knipex 6.25" CoBolt S Compact Bolt Cutter

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #147  
Bought MS and Apple stock in the late eighties.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #148  
I tell the young guys that it's a lot happier to be single and unhappy than it is to be married and unhappy.
You got that right. Reading horror comments on Rich Coopers "Entrepreneur in cars" Utube channel is enough for a young guy to avoid marriage.

I got lucky 35 yrs ago but there were more marriage inclined women back then.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #150  
Like several others... A set of ramps. For 40 years, I reached under the vehicle to wrench the drain plug.

Last year for the new SUV with the underbody air flow cover, secured with a dozen & half bolts, I bought the ramps. As an aside, when I purchased the SUV, dealership convinced me to prepay for 10 oil changes. Never again, as long as I physically can DIY. After 5 years of dealership oil changes, I did the 11th change. I found several missing bolts from the underbody. Either they fell out or dealership misplaced them over the 5 years. I expect the dealer tech to replace the bolts. Doing the oil changes allows me to do an underside inspection of the vehicle while I'm there.
I'm the same. I have a set of ramps for the past 15 yrs and it definitely quicker to get the clearance than dragging the jack and jack stands out.