The questions about invisible fence for dog

/ The questions about invisible fence for dog #21  
"If you decide this is for you, msg me for a code to get a freebie." That is so SUB its almost funny. :)

/ The questions about invisible fence for dog #22  
Another option ... Is a Fi collar. It's a gps based location collar. One can set a home distance from the base unit. When the collar leaves that area without a mated cell phone, you get a text msg. Of all the locator collars I've used, this is the best. Even texts a message when the collar battery is low and needs a recharge. If you decide this is for you, msg me for a code to get a freebie.
Whistle is another good GPS collar.

I tried both FI and Whistle before my physical fence.

Obviously they are tracking collars, and do nothing to prevent a dog from running.....so they are a "after-the-fact" kinda thing so at least you can find them.

But had to send both back as neither worked well in my area. They use old ATT 3g towers and we were in a dead zone (What I was told by them)

/ The questions about invisible fence for dog #23  
I have a pair of dogs who rip their collars off each other playing with each other.

/ The questions about invisible fence for dog #24  
A bit about pet philosophy. It's all about training. Either "invisible fence" or my tracking collar is trained containment. I have a big dog. He's trained not to jump on people. Nor snarl at people. (Yet, many people think their 5 pound dog doing the same is cute... sigh...:mad: ) Leave the dinner table when asked. (I'm bad about feeding table scraps) In short well behaved. People meeting him think he's a great dog.
Part of his training was boundary limits without me. He knows to stay within certain points. The exception is a bottom area that adjoins the neighbor. I can't see it from the house so there's a fence. Even the horses are contained by training. A 1200 pound horse is not contained physically by a string. But if trained to avoid that string, they stay within their area. My dog is trained to stay within a certain area around the house. The big downside is the time & effort needed for training and constant reinforcement. The relationship to the pet is well rewarding to me. passed.JPG

/ The questions about invisible fence for dog #25  
I use the remote controll collars these days. Push button for beep, vibrate or shock. Almost never shock. Vibrate makes her pay attention & stop chasing whatever if she's in hot pursuit.

I had a Contain 'n Train that did the invisible fence & remote controlled thing in 1 collar. But it's no longer made. Using random cheap Chinese made ones now & they las 2 years or so.

I did put the wire under the kitchen counter to prevent counter surfing. It may have been too effective as we have to put a leash on her to get her into the kitchen to clean up the floor.

/ The questions about invisible fence for dog #26  
I think our 150 lb Anatolian Shepherd would not even flinch if it walked through the radius border of our PET SAFE (?) wireless fence, in pursuit of chasing off the bear that resides here.

has a headquarters transmitter, special dog collar(s), about 100 marker flags (for training and measuring distance from source), it was $400 Cdn. We have the Pet Safe system that is designed for large breed dogs

So far it is untested here, as there is now wire horse "fencing" and long grass everywhere, that interferes with transmitting

this was not my idea ... good product though