The Storm is coming in November.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #21  
Actually is is a standard code. If does differ from general wiring. Seems I read a manual once listed a 13 gauge wire. But,,, they do come with 50 end? I assume the cord is a 12 or better unless its dvi.

/ The Storm is coming in November.
Yes it comes with a nema 6-50 50a plug which is (and has been for I guess for 50years nearly) the standard for all 240v welders in the u.s.a. the size of the cable on the unit does not dictate the wire size you need on supply conductors though. It is dual voltage. But sized properly based off duty cycle and length and type.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #23  
I understand this. Its kind of confusing to others and not so diy friendly. The use of the mvp adapter does allow smaller conductors on a 50 in the cord. Until that they had to size the cord for shorts at 50A and still do with 240 models.
While its true in some sense the cord does not dictate breakers there is a max based on its size and design and its worth noting the minimums are normally single circuit in pipe and cable needs to be a size larger.
Worth noting in both dvi and small 240 they actually allow 14 wire to machjines with a 12 cord,,, provided the breaker is reduced to 30A,,, which is essentially what the dvi adapter does. Not needed on 120V, the breaker does this.

Last edited:
   / The Storm is coming in November. #24  
Despite what some may think this is not critical of Everlast. I been around long enough to see the growth and to tell the truth its really revolutionary in the sense they can deliver it at such a low retail cost.
I dont know much about the models as they really dont interest me much except for the 150 class stick. A fvi,,,, 150A Dc welder for under 300 couldnt been bought for near 2x that for a long time and while there are those who still have a problem with rudimentary economic math that has really pushed it in to disposable consumer level electronic pricing and near the cost of entry level TV.

Last edited:
   / The Storm is coming in November. #25  
My Bud bought one of the models, maybe a 200, never saw it but he came over one day pissing about not finding a part,,, and was trying to save the 300 for one he did find. I kind of had to stop him and said,,,, you rode the **** out of it for 5 years,,, wayyyyyyy above a hobby shop ever could, you paid 500 for it and they do make replacement parts,,,, all assembled new in box, 500 with new features included free. Cost 100 a year to make a living with that machine.

Last edited:
   / The Storm is coming in November. #26  
These would be on my short list if I had to start again. While I do have a 300 synchro I have had for long time and was near free when I got it there aint no way I would drag one home today. Goes double if I had to pay much or anything for it. I have forklift and 400A service,, its not really a problem but I do take a view from the more hobby crowd and wouldnt invest in the power or the space for one of those monsters.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #27  
I see a post here worried about parts,,,, what if my 300$ machine needs a part in 10 years. So,,, it makes more sense to buy a 2K machine in today in case it needs a 300$ part later.
Something missing in school math.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #28  
My head hurts.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #29  
Looks like a very nice machine. Would have been more interested in a purchase if it didn't have an LCD screen. The price and features are fantastic though.

/ The Storm is coming in November.
The LCD screen is pretty tough and reliable...I can understand but hey, unless you drop your phone and crack your glass, how many screens wear out? The screen is very similar to that although a bit lower resolution...iirc 480. And it's not even touch screen.

Last edited: