The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #71  
Well, maybe sometimes. But also, you may borrow an idea from a vid, improve on it, and want to share that. I've seen that, and I've done that too.
Awesome!!!

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #72  
Before going to bed, I usually scan through Youtube to see if anything interesting shows up that might relate to something I'm planning on doing on my place. Fencing is going to be a big project for me, so I've been focusing on videos where guys are stretching woven fencing, and just how they are building their fences.

It hit me, that in every video, they are copying what they saw in another video. None of them know why they are doing what they are doing. Instead, they watched a video on how to do it, and now they are putting out a video on how to do it.

The Manufacturers' put out videos on how to install their fencing, so it's not rocket science, but I'm looking for somebody who really knows what they are doing with fencing, who owns a farm, and actually has raised animals for awhile.

I did learn about stretching tools, which lead to the purchase of an all steel one from Kencove that I hope will work better then using two 2x4's and some bolts. But it takes a lot of videos to gain a small bit of insight into what makes a fence good, or just good enough.
Great feedback!

There is no doubt you are looking for expertise in a very micro subject! But that is the beauty of what technology can and is delivering to us.

I believe that the intent of everyone interested in doing a project for themselves is primarily finding as many options that others have tried and have either been successful at or failed, and to not make the same mistakes others may have experienced in their projects.

I believe it’s educational to have as many failures be a part of what’s available on YouTube as successes, but we aren’t quite there yet.

It’s probably true that most folks would not simply jump off of a cliff because it’s the fastest and least costly way to the bottom. (At least from the onset 🤭😮) But there are many ways of getting to a solution.

It could save some frustration, and save someone the negative side effects from jumping if there were others out there sharing both positive and negative results from their attempts at various projects.

Granted, I’m being simplistic, but I believe we learn just as much from mistakes as we do from successes.

There are some folks out there that are sharing their failures…. And that may be just as important as successes in some cases.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #73  
One of my pet peeves are the channels with "pretty" folks who never get dirty or sweaty & their tools are always shiny new. For instance, their chain saws always have a brand new bar that clearly displays the brand name. I much prefer the real world types.
Exactly!!!!

I’m putting together a video now and I had just finished pressure washing my tractor and have about 75 spots of dirt implanted on my face from that process. I’m leaving that on the video!! Why? Because that’s real world stuff! You don’t pressure wash a TLB after digging for an hour and completely bypass everything else that was done (going in the house, taking a shower, doing the laundry, putting on the same clothes, and then shooting the rest of the video!!!!)

It just makes no sense to me, unless someone actually wants to see a perfectly sanitized false impression of real life…. Takes me back to Gilligan's island where there wasn’t an ounce of real dirt on the whole set!!! What were the walking on that didnt get tracked around on anything? Brown carpet? 😂🤣😂

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #74  
Great feedback!

There is no doubt you are looking for expertise in a very micro subject! But that is the beauty of what technology can and is delivering to us.

I believe that the intent of everyone interested in doing a project for themselves is primarily finding as many options that others have tried and have either been successful at or failed, and to not make the same mistakes others may have experienced in their projects.

I believe it’s educational to have as many failures be a part of what’s available on YouTube as successes, but we aren’t quite there yet.

It’s probably true that most folks would not simply jump off of a cliff because it’s the fastest and least costly way to the bottom. (At least from the onset 🤭😮) But there are many ways of getting to a solution.

It could save some frustration, and save someone the negative side effects from jumping if there were others out there sharing both positive and negative results from their attempts at various projects.

Granted, I’m being simplistic, but I believe we learn just as much from mistakes as we do from successes.

There are some folks out there that are sharing their failures…. And that may be just as important as successes in some cases.
Oh yeh, for sure, I like when people discuss what did NOT work, that's definitely helpful to me when I'm researching something.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #75  
Exactly!!!!

I’m putting together a video now and I had just finished pressure washing my tractor and have about 75 spots of dirt implanted on my face from that process. I’m leaving that on the video!! Why? Because that’s real world stuff! You don’t pressure wash a TLB after digging for an hour and completely bypass everything else that was done (going in the house, taking a shower, doing the laundry, putting on the same clothes, and then shooting the rest of the video!!!!)

It just makes no sense to me, unless someone actually wants to see a perfectly sanitized false impression of real life…. Takes me back to Gilligan's island where there wasn’t an ounce of real dirt on the whole set!!! What were the walking on that didnt get tracked around on anything? Brown carpet? 😂🤣😂
Yeh, they really dropped the ball on that show coz...who doesn't like dirty girls?

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #76  
One of my pet peeves are the channels with "pretty" folks who never get dirty or sweaty & their tools are always shiny new. For instance, their chain saws always have a brand new bar that clearly displays the brand name. I much prefer the real world types.
This is a timely comment too with respect to “sanitized” content.

While there is no need to show “everything”, maybe there is the need to play softly on creating a reality that’s not there. Being respectful of others, especially younger folks that may not understand that what they may be seeing -portions of a video, doesn’t mean that there aren’t any additional or difficult work or effort that goes into a production no matter how large or small.

How socially responsible do we need to be as channel producers, to pay tribute to the reality of what we are doing over the sanitized content we may portray in a final cut?

Blockbuster movies deal with that all the time, leaving all of that up to the viewer… but those are movies … not real life, or the portrayal of such. A movie doesn’t usually play out in “almost” real time as vlogging does.

The couple that were in the Grand Tetons that are no longer with us may be some of the most visible and devastating results of the “exploitation of sanitized production methods” in vlogging that can create a false reality of sorts… an expectation of non failure or “ease of presentation” in the process and scrubbing the content clean to exclude any negativity (even from the producers themselves excluding the negative portions of their shared experiences at the ultimate cost to them… their lives).

It may not be easy to be a part of what it takes to “produce” the kind of content that we generally see, but how much of that reality should be included or excluded in vlogging?

What is the responsibility of the viewer or the producer?

Should it be 100% the responsibility of the viewer as in movies and theatrical presentations to ascertain the amount of reality Vs non reality that is produced into a channels content?

Interesting ideas and concepts when discussing something as difficult to understand, and as deadly as that couples experience.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #77  
Tractors or using tractors?

1) Fast Ag Montana
2) Millennial Farmer
3) Mesicks
4) Red Power
5) Harmless Farmer - Andy Detwiler

And for click bait,
Laura Farms
Nyfarmgirls
That one got past me. I forgot about Millennial Farmer. It also paints a pretty good picture of where the JD market is and why. I found it very interesting. Tells a lot about large farming life.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #78  
This is a timely comment too with respect to “sanitized” content.

This goes for the comment section too. I like to scan the comments for different points of view (and fantastic humor). To me, it is really dishonest when channels allow only the giddy, back slapping "oh, you're the greatest..." comments followed by a string of little red hearts. You make a positive comment... you're on with a heart; make a critical comment... it isn't allowed on. Do that and I'm gone.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #79  
One of these definitely doesn’t feature clickbait thumbnails for videos that largely appeal to middle age men. Nope, nope, not at all. Why, I’m confused why people would even would suggest that. …rolls eyes…
I’m not sure what you expect….its YouTube. Good channels take time and $$$ to create and maintain. We should expect some form of revenue generation to be a part of the videos. Just fast forward past them.

If you think anyone on YouTube these days doesn’t have $$$ in mind you are kidding yourself. Just delete the app and never visit the page again and you will be fine!

I also like Millennial Farmer. Good to see our children carry on the love.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #80  
This goes for the comment section too. I like to scan the comments for different points of view (and fantastic humor). To me, it is really dishonest when channels allow only the giddy, back slapping "oh, you're the greatest..." comments followed by a string of little red hearts. You make a positive comment... you're on with a heart; make a critical comment... it isn't allowed on. Do that and I'm gone.
That might be, but it is their channel and not yours. They can do what they want. You didn’t put in hours of your own time building it, designing it, maintaining it. No different than a restaurant posting “no shirt no service” and one complaining about it. It’s their building they can do what they want. They can choose not to enter it.

Personally I cant stand the comments section. It’s just Social media drama time. I ignore them all. I’m on the channel for the content the creator puts out, not to see a bunch of 1/2 whits try and get online attention.