The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #31  
Last edited:
   / The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #32  
I used to be a fan of Tony's Tractor Adventure, but then he became a salesman for TYM. I lost all interest.
Tractor Time with Tim is good. Though I havent watched any of his content in a very long time.
Never even heard of the Morgans.
Good Works Tractors is another dealership that sells John Deere. But I do find their content on attachments worthy of a quick watch
Messicks is helpful when I was researching implements or tractors. I've used their site a few times
Everything Attachments is an awesome company and first rate implement manufacture. However, their youtube channel is hit or miss with me.

On my channel, I try to keep the content to useful and interesting aspects on a mix of how-tos, how I do it, why I do it, and projects. I try to keep it aimed at the newer tractor owner who is trying to figure it all out. But, I'm not a full time youtuber and have no desire to be. I just enjoy helping people, and if I help someone by recommending a product, or show how I do something, then it's worth it. I just hope I can figure out the technical aspects of youtube better. :rolleyes:
I can't disagree with any of this. What's your channel, btw?

I sub to a bunch of tractor channels, but if I had to narrow it down to the ones I learned the most from, aside from what you listed...

1. Louisiana Tractorworks & Projects
2. Daveknowshow
3. Tyler Koehn
4. Biff's Equipment
5. George Recor

All these guys are not sponsored by anybody, and aren't promoting anything other than knowledge.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #33  
I really enjoy watching the harmless farmer. It is amazing how he deals with his disability.

I got to meet Andy from Harmless Farmer this week.
Absolutely amazing man! We were honored to meet him!

Tim

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube
This is an absolute wonderful bit of feedback on these 5 folks.

There is a growth pattern here that is very dynamic and robust. People are fickle, and a small cog in a wheel can bring the equipment to a halt in no time at all.

Real experiences, real people, and real solutions to issues that can help you and others is positive way to claim subscribers. Being polished and professional can be just as negative for many of us as the haphazardly assembeled video clips with poor audio. But I’m making a point here:

Catchy titles like “we sold the homestead” or “I walked away from it all” are sneakingly similar to advertisements for a electric motor driven by a generator that is supposed to create free electricity.

Some things are too good to be true. And while it’s typically not the expected results of “that’s right, I told the boss to shove it!”, or “we just couldn’t afford to run the homestead off of only YouTube videos, it takes hard work to actually make a homestead function and working on a computer arranging video clips isn’t cutting it anymore”.

This is a new game here, I’m sure there will be turnover at the top (and the bottom) as many of us start to see that practical consumption of this kind of data, with a feeling that the person on the channel is talking to us as an equal and not as a mark for catchy phrases or film “candy”. The level playing field of direct one on one supported consumption may eventually be the deciding factor that creates a different consumption model that leaves those now at the top without the loaned equipment or channel support that may falsely drive subscribers.

Show me some real world YouTube’er that doesn’t have messed up hair and oil on his hands after changing the hydraulic fluid and filters on an L3560 or laying pvc for drainage or electrical work. That’s real life.

Cinematography , while it can be manipulated for hours to achieve an absolutely perfect counterfeit of the real world is intrinsically flawed with unattainable expectations such as every young girl NEEDS to be a young and death defying “Twiggy”.

Those folks out there who have scratched and clawed their way to the top have worked extremely hard to do just that. Kudos.
That does not mean however that their 15 minutes of fame and fortune will last (at their own choice or that of their subscribers), the rules have not yet been written to chastise or Pat on the back those that do this for commercial gain over sharing common issues and helping others.

How can an excavator, an mx5400 with all the goodies, a BX with a backhoe (and all the goodies) that go with a sponsor supported channel with Kubota, push a 38-56 year old man or woman to take on the kind of debt that could strap him or her for a lifetime. These are unreal channels. These are the fluff and fake images that advertisers have been plying to the general public for years. Shame on those manufacturers who tout that behavior, and shame on those who accept and propagate those kinds of arrangements as “real life with the Johnsons” or any other channel.

Now I know there will be pundits that push the fact that nobody is making anyone buy anything. And they have their right to their opinions, but to portray all of that equipment as a typical set of tools to manage your property is the upper 15 or 20%, not the guy with 3 kids and a working wife that’s really trying to make his new farm or homestead work with a 22 year old New Holland and welded together log splitter that’s seen it’s days.
I’m lucky I could afford what I have after a lifetime of hard work and putting off some of the everyday comforts to plan for some kind of retirement (on my own and without the help of friends or family. Im not saying that isn’t real life too, it is, but be truthful).

From nothing to the best I can afford has taken me 50 years of work and saving. There are a lot of me’s out there that are willing to take on some debt, or pay in cash for a tractor or other piece of equipment that makes them happy, saves them some muscle pain at the end of the day, or provide them with lots of fun and satisfaction.

Cheapening many folks lifetimes of hard work and effort isn’t fair nor is it trustworthy.

The jury is still out…View attachment 715535

I liken it to watching car shows where they are driving exotic cars through Europe or Asia... most of us will never get that opportunity but it's fun to watch.

I'm not seeing anything in these videos that tell people to go into debt to buy $150k worth of equipment to maintain their property. It's more about demonstrating what the equipment can do than trying to convince somebody that they need TWO tractors and an excavator for property maintenence. :D

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #36  
Andrew Camarata and Fireball Tool are my favorite do it channels

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #37  

Banshee Moon has unbiased reviews

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #38  
I liken it to watching car shows where they are driving exotic cars through Europe or Asia... most of us will never get that opportunity but it's fun to watch.

I'm not seeing anything in these videos that tell people to go into debt to buy $150k worth of equipment to maintain their property. It's more about demonstrating what the equipment can do than trying to convince somebody that they need TWO tractors and an excavator for property maintenence. :D

Correct….at least in our case.

We want to help folks choose the best size tractor. Very difficult question.
How can we illustrate the differences between sizes without having one of each size?

We also want to help folks see which attachments would be most helpful. How can we do that without having lots of attachments?

We certainly don’t expect folks to buy 2,3 or more tractors, and 20+ attachments. We don’t pretend that our inventory is ‘normal’.

We try to use, maintain, and discuss different tractors and attachments to help folks make these difficult decisions.

Our character is all we have to offer. We are thankful for the opportunity to help the community in this way. We promise to show the equipment honestly. That is all we can do. It won’t please everyone, we understand that.

Having said this, We KNOW that many of the other YouTubers do not share our same values and goals.

Tim

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #40  
Avenger, I just suscribed. I'll check out your videos later.