The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!
#2,141  
That's what I'm talking about! Now, why can't Eric see his tine tips???

After looking at this pic which was posted by Eric, I'm guessing the hood could get in the way.
Travis

72dualkiotinx601015s.jpg

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,142  
Wouldn't want to disappoint you. I had posted brush because Eric had referred to brush as I recall in arguing for a wider grapple. But, you want big things, so, here are some slightly bigger things I lift with my puny little light duty $500 grapple.

TLDR....I guess you're trying to keep up with POTUS.

Nice pics for sure! Regardless of our differing opinions I do like seeing any and all pics of grapples. Nothing posted here so far that you can't also do with a wider dual lid grapple though so I'm still not sure there are any advantages of that smaller single one other than price, unless like Eric said you have a small loader with low lift capacity, in that case I absolutely agree, but not for the larger CUTs.

I have a fair amount of cool pics with my grapple but it's not a wicked grapple from EA so I don't want to post them here.

You brought up a good point about the mounting differences. I have the Kubota "pin on" wick disconnect (which sucks BTW) and I wonder if there would be much difference in the skidsteer style as far as visibility or distance from the loader (is one further than the other?)

My next tractor will definitely have the SS style disconnect, and if I ever upgrade my grapple it would be an EA grapple most likely.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,143  
I'll have a look this weekend. I do lots of stump grappling and have never had an issue seeing where the tip of the grapple is. I can certainly see the tip when in "neutral" position on the ground. Maybe we have different techniques. I don't "dump" the grapple before clamping on to a stump. I line up the grapple flat on the ground with the stump ahead, then tip the grapple down (I can easily see this) and then drive forward to ram the grapple under the stump and wedge it up. I probably cannot see the tips when fully "dumped" but I'm not sure. I'm curious now so I'll see if I can get some photos this weekend.

One other thought: Do you have a full SSQA plate on your grapple? If you look at the photo in my avatar you'll see that I have two partial plates. That allows me to see right through the center of the SSQA plate area to visualize where the grapple tips are. Never occurred to me that some grapples might have that critical view blocked.

When on the ground, I cannot see any of the standard SSQA plate without obnoxious leaning and head bobbing.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,144  
This is pretty much the view I have of my SSQA from my seat.

31263548944_92fe82f9c7_o.jpg

Since we're talking about grapples, I have a minor design change on the lids that comes from my experience of ripping smaller poplar stumps out of the ground. Consider the pinching action between the lower tangs and the upper lids. Currently the upper lids are radiused for larger material. That radius allows handling larger material like in the photo below.

20390866471_60b1834149_o.jpg

But the larger radius is unnecessary for nabbing even larger stumps out of the ground like in the following photo:

34354529365_b2da543001_o.jpg

The improvement I can see from my own use is that if the grapple lids had a shallower radius, then better grip could be had on smaller material such as ripping 3-5" poplar stumps straight up out of the ground and this without sacrificing material handling capabilities on larger material.

18004416503_536c1f5011_o.jpg

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,145  
I can see the edge and tip of my 48" grapple by looking down between the hood and the FEL arm. That's with tips pointed down as if to dig. IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

Cannot see tip of middle unless grapple is straight forward and flat on ground.

Operator height might have something to do with forward view but side view is easy.

#2,146  
This was just shared in the EA Channel Facebook Group this morning. LOTS of Wicked Grapple owners are gathering in there, so come join us!!

"66" EA Wicked Grapple on LS XR4046. Works great with brush, logs, roots, and rocks on my property. I've used it a lot over the past year in clearing land and moving rocks. I haven't had any trouble with it at all. Highly recommended!!!"

66dualLSXR40467.jpg

66dualLSXR40469.jpg

66dualLSXR40468.jpg

#2,147  
A small tractor's ability is pretty amazing when outfitted with a perfectly sized and weighted Wicked Grapple!
Check out the log being carried by a 55" Wicked Grapple rake on a John Deere 2038R. :shocked:
Travis

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,148  
What? The JD has brake lights? Oh, real nice grapple too!
Jim

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,149  
Wicked Grapples are pretty transparent!
Travis

View attachment 510709

I can't see what your talking about. :thumbsup:

In other news, grappleable (you heard it here first) things seem to be piling up at the farm. Lots of cedars getting cut and left laying. Trees taken out of the fence line all strewn about and ready for a grapple ride to the burn pile like ETO's. I bet that 72" wide grapple will make short work of it all.

There is even an old burn pile that needs the scrap steel sifted out of it. That double lid will be nice getting all the tin and barb wire separated from the dirt.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,150  
Clearing a spot for my camper on my remote property with the EA dual lid Wicked grapple. Not Ted level of abuse, but I was pleased with being able to move the trees in one piece and pile them for burning later.

Great vid! Here's a good example of an operator keeping the load path centered on the grapple. That grapple could be two feet wider on each side and not hurt anything.