Security & Theft Theft deterrents?

/ Theft deterrents? #1  

Dirtslinger2

At the moment I don't have a locking shed for my new tractor.
This isn't a crime ridden area but I do like to be safe- any suggestions? How about a "club" for a car? Any other ideas?
Thanks.

/ Theft deterrents? #4  
I believe this advice is in the suggested threads, but I always walk away from mine with the PTO handle in the engaged position (or somewhere in the middle)

This won't prevent someone from dragging it up onto a trailer, but it will stop someone from starting it if they don't realize where the handle is.

/ Theft deterrents? #5  
I also use the PTO handle method.

The dealer I bought it from removed a large main fuse and took it with him.

I called Kubota insurance and insured my B21 for ~$130 a year. If it is stolen I get back everything I paid for it. The insurance handles all my theft concerns.

/ Theft deterrents? #6  
I believe this advice is in the suggested threads, but I always walk away from mine with the PTO handle in the engaged position (or somewhere in the middle)

This won't prevent someone from dragging it up onto a trailer, but it will stop someone from starting it if they don't realize where the handle is.

I've had to leave mine overnight in an :eek:undesired location:eek: a few times and I too used the PTO trick ... along with unhooking the seat safety switch and extending the backhoe out down and to the right ... stabilizers down and front bucket up against a tree.

It was still there the next day ;)