There are no Safety Police!

/ There are no Safety Police! #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
Just those of us that are perhaps more aware of the dangers than others, and try to remind others of them...

NOT A BAD THING!

Keep aware of your surroundings and the mousetraps that may be waiting to snap on you!

Once it happens it is too late! Ouch!

There are no safety police...ha, ha, ha...but true...

Protect yourself, nobody else is going to do it for you...

There are no safety police... (is there an echo here? :laughing: )

Bill

/ There are no Safety Police! #2  
Keep aware of your surroundings and the mousetraps that may be waiting to snap on you!

Good advice.

2698585250_4793393baf.jpg

Bruce

/ There are no Safety Police! #3  
Yep all of it, safety devices, gear, programs, preaching, signs, etc....... it's all great but on the other hand it can cause complacency and can deprive us from our natural instinct ability to survive, which I think is deplinishing at an alarming rate.

Millions upon millions of dollars are spent on a mission for absoulutle saftey. It's IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish. We chose freedom and the best thing is to realize, it's ultimately your own responsibility for your saftey and health.

Another thing is these civil law suits need to be re evaluated. It's costing us millions. Example of a fix is if your going to sue Starbucks for ice to cold and you lose the case you need to pay all fees and cost the claim caused.

/ There are no Safety Police! #4  
When I was young and foolish, compared to older and foolish, I had an old guy named Armstead that would come over and "see what I was doing". Often he told me I was building a bird trap. One day I asked him who the bird was, he laughed and said "You". I owe Armstead A huge amount. Wish I could sit and talk to him again. The world needs people like him. He was my safety police. Ed

/ There are no Safety Police! #5  
There are 'Safety Police' and it's all due to workplace training. Mine was Navy, which had the additional environmental hazard of being on a moving platform. The seniors watched the juniors like a hawk, gradually giving them more autonomy as they proved themselves not only with doing the job right but in being situationally aware... That means thinking of the worse-case-scenario.

Then, when you became the senior, you needed to think-for and train the juniors. The 'mantra' I applied to wherever I was (and still is today) is, "You get the level of safety that you are prepared to walk past."

I 'police' myself everyday. Sometimes conscientiously but mostly it's second nature after all these years.

/ There are no Safety Police! #6  
While this discussion below deals with situational awareness as it pertains to self defense, the principals can also apply somewhat to your state of mind around machinery as well in my opinion.

Situational awareness is knowing what and who is around you and the potential threats they might pose. You assess the situation and people around you by gathering information, processing that information, and then figuring out if action is required. Situational awareness can help you avoid a fight or other harmful situation. Not only can situational awareness save your own life, but also other innocent lives around you. The military, the government, all law enforcement agencies and self-defense experts all train, use, and practice situational awareness.
Any time you are not asleep, you should be observing and evaluating what you are seeing. This will help you recognize a potential threat. There are three major ways to look at situational awareness. Colonel John Boyds OODA (observe, orient, decide, act), The United States government TEDD (time environment, distance, demeanor), and Colonel Jeff Coopers color codes.

Col. Jeff Coopers color codes are easy to understand and give us clear, measurable levels of how aware or unaware we are.

Code White

Code white is means you are completely unaware and tuned out. You should only be on code white when sleeping, but I bet if you think about it, you will find yourself tuned out quite a bit. All of the following are tune-out culprits: texting, talking on the phone, engrossed in a movie at the movie theater, sucked into the internet, a video game, a good book, or a TV Show, jamming out to good tunes in the car, if you have your headphones on too loud, or when you are busy concentrating on a work project. There are many times a day you may be 骰講ned out. Exhaustion and intoxication can cause you to tune out as well. I am guilty of tuning out when Im reading, watching a movie, or on road trips. How many times have I been driving, singing loudly to good tunes, when a friend calls and asks, where you? and I honestly dont know too many times.

Code Yellow

Code yellow is where we should be at all times, even at work and at home. Code yellow means we are on relaxed alert. This means you are aware of your surroundings and who is in them, but you have not spotted any threat. This relaxed awareness means that you are not expecting a fight, but accepting that a fight could happen and therefore not surprised if a threat presents itself. A perfect example of code yellow is when you are walking to your car in a parking lot, or down the street, or on the jogging trail. You are aware of how many people are behind you and beside you. You are aware of their pace and if that pace or position changes. You are in condition yellow if you always get your keys out of your pocket or purse before walking to the car. I was in code yellow when I had to go pick up a friend in a bad part of town and took note of the appearance and clothing of the three guys milling around the apartments entry gate.

Code Orange

Code orange, or f瑞ocused awareness is when you have spotted a potential threat. Code orange means you are ready to accept an attack. The NRA calls this level alert. You move from code yellow to code orange when you have stopped in the gas station for a drink and someone walks in wearing a long trench coat in the heat of summer. You stay focused on the potential threat, watching their every move, especially if they reach inside the coat. At this point you have assessed the situation and have decided what you will do if they pull out a gun and you are ready to move into code red.

Code Red

Code red is when you move into fight or flight mode, or high alert. This is when you will have to make the split second decision to defend yourself.
Others have added one more level, called black or comatose. This is when you have reached code red, but do not act. You have actually frozen and cannot do anything about the situation.

Global intelligence-gathering website STATFOR suggests situational awareness drills, such as memorizing people sitting at the bar of a restaurant you are dining at, noting the number of people standing in line at the movie theater, or trying to recall cars stopped at the same stop light. Another thing you should always do is note all the exits of any building you enter. At a bar or restaurant, always choose to sit facing the door. Do not ever put your back to the point of entry and exit. Not only does situational awareness involve observing and noting what is there, but also what is not there.

Criminals prey on easy targets, those who are distracted, vulnerable, and zombie-like in their routine. Even switching up your route to work once in a while helps deter crime. Walk with your head up, scanning the area around you. Walking with your head down means not only are you not aware of what is around you, but gives criminals a sign you are not confident, making you a vulnerable target.

One more point to situational awareness is to listen to your gut. Our instincts may not always be right, but they can be the first indication that something is wrong. Fear, anxiety, apprehension, and hesitation are all emotions that signal us that something is not right. We should listen to those emotions, if your hair stands on end suddenly, you might just need to move into code orange. When something just doesn't look right, it probably isn't.

Don遞 beat yourself up if you find yourself going code white, like all self-defense tactics, situational awareness takes practice.

/ There are no Safety Police! #7  
James very good: as with much in this life we have to keep being reminded.

/ There are no Safety Police! #8  
That's not entirely true. We have an entire safety dept that freely polices the areas we work in. They always cater to the lowest common denominator. We have more rules and policies than you can shake a stick at. I love it when they try and tell someone how to do their job correctly!

/ There are no Safety Police! #9  
That's not entirely true. We have an entire safety dept that freely polices the areas we work in. They always cater to the lowest common denominator. We have more rules and policies than you can shake a stick at. I love it when they try and tell someone how to do their job correctly!

Well there are FARMEDIC programs for those who have to respond to those people who seem to ignore dangers of working around farm equipment...

National Farmedic Training Program

Company Details:
20 Church Street
P.O. Box 5670
Cortland, NY 13045

Phone: 607/428-2176
Toll Free: 800/822-3747 ext 176
Fax: 607/756-5051
Farmedic | McNeil & Co. Insurance and Risk Management

Agriculture is one of the most dangerous industries in America. Each year, needless injuries and deaths occur to farmers, family members, farm employees, and rescue personnel. Emergency responders often lack knowledge of the nature of farm machinery, chemicals, and farm structures; in addition, some rescue techniques may actually increase the risk to the victim and rescue personnel. Training and education in the methods of farm/rural rescue are essential for proper response and safety of the rescuer and patient. The main goal of the National Farmedic Training Program developed by Cornell University is to provide rural fire/rescue responders with a systematic approach to farm rescue procedures that address the safety of both patients and responders.

Members: 18,000+

Goals: The organization provides farm accident rescue training to rural fire, rescue and EMS personnel, and has trained more than 28,000 rescuers from 48 states and Canada. Provider and instructor training is available.

Publications: Textbooks and audiovisuals

/ There are no Safety Police! #10  
There are no Safety Police!<<<<<<<<<<<<Wrong, This country is loaded with them and there's going to be alot more next year when President Hillary and her crowd take over, passing more laws/restrictions. When they pass laws telling me I have to where seat belts, motor cycle helmets, bicycle helmet, ATV helmet, etc... what do you call that, It should be my choice to where that stuff, no one else's. Driving on the road/licence is NOT A PRIVILEGE, IT's A RIGHT, it comes under FREEDOM/CONSTITUTION. Now I'll wait to see who to put on my ignore list.