Thermapen...anyone have one?

/ Thermapen...anyone have one?
   / Thermapen...anyone have one? #12  
Add me to the group of very satisfied Thermapen MK4 users.
I was frustrated with the string of thermometers I’d gone through and asked a buddy that has a BBQ restaurant what I should get, the instant response was “Thermapen”.
He was right. It’s just a quality tool that works exactly like it’s supposed to.

/ Thermapen...anyone have one? #13  
Hey 2Lane, just stumbled on this thread as I just bought a new BBQ (probably deserves a thread itself). I also bought the Thermopen MkIV after going through cheapies for years. Seemed all the 'professional' BBQers and competition guys were using them. I bought it direct from their website a couple weeks ago. There was a 15% discount going on so I got it for $84 instead of $99 but with tax and shipping it came out to $96 delivered. Don't know how often they discount them.

Been using it a bunch because of the excitement also with the new BBQ. Yep, expensive but the very quick read (allowing you to keep the bbq lid open as short as possible). Also it is auto on/off when you open the retracting blade. Anyways so happy with it I just broke down for the Thermoworks SmokeX2 for slow cooking. One thing you cannot do with the Thermopen is keep it in the meat. For steaks and quick checks it's perfect. For monitoring a brisket or other slow roasts you will need/want something else. Super happy with mine.

And yes buy direct... there are knockoffs on Amazon. Thermopen does not sell there.

/ Thermapen...anyone have one? #14  
Hey 2Lane, just stumbled on this thread as I just bought a new BBQ (probably deserves a thread itself). I also bought the Thermopen MkIV after going through cheapies for years. Seemed all the 'professional' BBQers and competition guys were using them. I bought it direct from their website a couple weeks ago. There was a 15% discount going on so I got it for $84 instead of $99 but with tax and shipping it came out to $96 delivered. Don't know how often they discount them.

Been using it a bunch because of the excitement also with the new BBQ. Yep, expensive but the very quick read (allowing you to keep the bbq lid open as short as possible). Also it is auto on/off when you open the retracting blade. Anyways so happy with it I just broke down for the Thermoworks SmokeX2 for slow cooking. One thing you cannot do with the Thermopen is keep it in the meat. For steaks and quick checks it's perfect. For monitoring a brisket or other slow roasts you will need/want something else. Super happy with mine.

And yes buy direct... there are knockoffs on Amazon. Thermopen does not sell there.
Lets talk BBQ what type of Grill/Smoker did you purchase?

/ Thermapen...anyone have one? #15  
I started a thread on the PK360. Chime in.

/ Thermapen...anyone have one? #16  
2Lane, the thermopen mkIV is 20% off now at thermoworks website

/ Thermapen...anyone have one? #19  
   / Thermapen...anyone have one?
My new, yellow Thermapen is on the way!