They started my new roof today...

/ They started my new roof today... #1  

Fuddyduddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
john deere
They started on roof today. Metal standing seam 1.5". They ran off different patterns but we liked the standard flat the best.
I cut this tree down overhanging the roof...not sure what it even is (wild cherry?). Then it started to rain! They quickly covered roof with a large tarp. They'll put down a radiant barrier (insulation) which should help. Black roof, black 6" gutters & downspouts.
Should be nice & last roof we'll need.
20230814_103123.jpg
20230814_102930.jpg
20230814_102936.jpg
20230814_115932.jpg
20230814_115911.jpg

/ They started my new roof today... #2  
Nice. Never seen a trailer like the one like they are using.

/ They started my new roof today...
I haven't either, self contained dumpster, it's motor runs hydraulic pump and you can move it around. All the old shingles, nails, etc. go right in.

/ They started my new roof today... #4  
I haven't either, self contained dumpster, it's motor runs hydraulic pump and you can move it around. All the old shingles, nails, etc. go right in.
Can they run it down the road legally? Jon

/ They started my new roof today... #6  
   / They started my new roof today... #7  
How do they empty that dumpster then? Jon

/ They started my new roof today... #9  
Can they run it down the road legally? Jon
it gets pulled like a trailer on the road. it can raise up and they can dump it right into a dumpster. What's nice is they raise it to eave level and shovel the roof right off and into it, then cart it to the dumpster.

/ They started my new roof today... #10  
They really help keep the job site clean, and I think they reduce some of the hazards of roofing.

Nice video here;

@Fuddyduddy1952 good luck with the roof!

All the best,

Peter