Things I didn't consider when buying

/ Things I didn't consider when buying
I had hoped that it was, I'd read that others were adjustable. But it looks like it's one piece that has no adjustment capability. It could be that my eyes just are not seeing the line between rotating parts, and that it was assembled by gorillas as you state. I've already degraded the gnurled part trying to rotate it relative to the base.

Maybe I'll have another go at it today, as I have two fittings where the lock-n-lube won't fit due to its larger size. You know this from experience on the Kubota branded grease gun?

Wagtail was correct, the Kubota grease fitting _is_ adjustable, and it _was_ tightened by gorillas. A vice and a large set of pliers got it lose. Oh well, I still prefer the Lock-N-Lube, but it means I'm out another $30. Unfortunately the original grease fitting isn't fitting the hard-to-reach zerks any better than the Lock-N-Lube. I'll pester the dealer about how they reach those.

/ Things I didn't consider when buying #32  
I have a Lock-N-Lube fitting and it DOES help where a third hand would be needed. However - there are many recessed zerks on the FEL. The diameter of the recessed hole is smaller than the diameter of the Lock-N-Lube. Bring on the DeWalt battery powered grease gun. I can now sling nasty, black grease with the best of them.

/ Things I didn't consider when buying #33  
Everything I have is outside, and I will attest that isn't the best solution. My 5 YO tractor is going to need tires soon, as they are getting weather cracked. Moisture and sun are the worst enemies of iron and electrical connections; and no matter how tightly I tarp the wind always manages to get underneath.

RE: chains aren't long enough; consider a length of cable instead. It might save you some money, and cable doesn't bend the way that chain can.

Chain can "bend" ??
Chain can elongate, or break,....but, "bend".

/ Things I didn't consider when buying #35  
Wagtail was correct, the Kubota grease fitting _is_ adjustable, and it _was_ tightened by gorillas. A vice and a large set of pliers got it lose. Oh well, I still prefer the Lock-N-Lube, but it means I'm out another $30. Unfortunately the original grease fitting isn't fitting the hard-to-reach zerks any better than the Lock-N-Lube. I'll pester the dealer about how they reach those.

Good stuff... glad to be of assistance. :thumbsup:

/ Things I didn't consider when buying #36  
They make 90 degree "grease couplers" that fit on the end of the grease gun and have a short fitting that connects to the zerk fitting. I have to use one for some fittings that are in dumb locations like the spindles on my lawn mower. Mine does not fit on a LockNLube and it has to be pried off the zerk when you're done using it, but when I need it, nothing else works.

/ Things I didn't consider when buying #37  
Number 2: You did know that the original grease gun end/tip was adjustable, right?

Yes, it was originally assembled by a factory-trained 800 pound gorilla. Using a couple of vise-grips (in opposite directions), and a lot of force, will loosen it.

Important note: do NOT then fully unscrew the tip assembly to 'see how it works'... the tiny internal spring will shoot out across the workshop! (It will be found three years later in the most unimaginable place. Plus, you'll then wonder what it's for.)

+1. I think they should change the name from 'Lock-n-Lube' to lube for a boob. Totally worthless accessory.

/ Things I didn't consider when buying #38  
I have a Lock-N-Lube fitting and it DOES help where a third hand would be needed. However - there are many recessed zerks on the FEL. The diameter of the recessed hole is smaller than the diameter of the Lock-N-Lube. Bring on the DeWalt battery powered grease gun. I can now sling nasty, black grease with the best of them.

Black grease is usually clay based and not very desirable

/ Things I didn't consider when buying #39  
+1. I think they should change the name from 'Lock-n-Lube' to lube for a boob. Totally worthless accessory.

What? Lock in Lube is literally the best thing to happen to grease guns in my lifetime.

/ Things I didn't consider when buying #40  
I must be missing something. I have 3 different grease guns, two manual and one battery and never had a problem with the tips on them. I snap them on and don’t have to hold them in place.