Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #1  

shucksters

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620 TLB with Cab, Kioti DK6010SE, Kubota BX2370 + FEL/60"MMM Kawasaki Mule ProFXT EPS LE
I was toying with the idea of a zero turn diesel and turned in the the direction of a BX2370 with 60" MMM and FEL.

Dealer offered it for $12,700 after $500 cash rebate (0% for 60) and trade of a 2010 John Deere X320 with 48" deck (starting price was $15,200)

I have a few tight spots in the yard and would like the functionality of the smaller tractor at times. I would only be able to mow with the zero turn but
would be adding another workhorse to the L4240 IMO for just a bit more money than a ZD326.

This isn't really a need, but I sure do want it. I'm mulling hard....what do you think?

Thanks in advance- Sam

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #2  
I think you would save money trading with Barlows with the figures your giving, especially since they don't charge Ky tax to out of state deliveries.

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check
I think you would save money trading with Barlows with the figures your giving, especially since they don't charge Ky tax to out of state deliveries.

Thanks John. I will give them a call to see....

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check

Hey John- just an FYI- I've called and left messages twice at Barlows and nobody ever calls me back.....

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #5  
I've heard tons of good things about Barlows and recently bought a new tractor from them. I lined out in an email everything I wanted and was quoted a price. Drove down to do paperwork and sign only to find out price did not include MMM which I originally asked for. Pretty disappointed there but still bought and paid the extra for MMM. Probably an honest mistake but still disappointed. I'd probably do business again there even though there is a closer dealer. Next time I'll compare prices first though where as I didn't this time since I thought I was getting a good deal to begin with only to find out the MMM wasn't included in price. But since I was already there and ready to buy, I just bought and got it over with.

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #6  
Steve Barlow handles local on lot sales and his son Brady does the phone & off lot/internet sales along with traveling alot. I do understand it can take a day or two for a returned phone call/email contact or email contact may be quicker since most people, not me, do the texting crap. :D Guess it can be a time saver but I'll just use the time while I have it.:) Once reached everyone talks highly of Bradys helpfulness and pleasant personality. I deal with the Old man Steve since I do in person on the lot deals. He probably doesn't text either and he's younger than me but not much.:laughing:

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #7  

Was wondering, if you (or anyone else) know John...is the "sales tax savings thing" anything that can bite you in the butt later?

Can your "home state" come after you for the sales tax?

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #8  
Was wondering, if you (or anyone else) know John...is the "sales tax savings thing" anything that can bite you in the butt later?

Can your "home state" come after you for the sales tax?
The state you live in can tax you for breathing if they want to. Some people say they'd tell their state if they bought one out of state. I probably wouldn't and I was a State Auditor many years ago. If it is discovered then one may have to pay their local state tax. It's a choice most people make to not report any out of state purchase off Ebay, Amazon or any internet purchase. It appears that Ky started charging an across the board/percent/fixed amount this past year for out of state purchases based on a persons income since apparently no one was volunteering the information. Those that don't buy on line I guess still pay. If the purchase is financed and the purchase loan document is recorded in the state where one lives then there would be a larger possability of the State Revenue "Boys/Girls" finding the purchase.

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #9  
The state you live in can tax you for breathing if they want to.

Some people say they'd tell their state if they bought one out of state. I probably wouldn't and I was a State Auditor many years ago.

If it is discovered then one may have to pay their local state tax.

It's a choice most people make to not report any out of state purchase off Ebay, Amazon or any internet purchase.

It appears that Ky started charging an across the board/percent/fixed amount this past year for out of state purchases based on a persons income since apparently no one was volunteering the information.

Those that don't buy on line I guess still pay.

If the purchase is financed and the purchase loan document is recorded in the state where one lives then there would be a larger possability of the State Revenue "Boys/Girls" finding the purchase.

Thanks for the input John (spaced for my bad eyes).

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #10  
Are you still dreamin about buying a tractor Jay? It's time by now for you to quit dreamin and start buyen so you can get outside on a tractor instead of spending so much time all over the TBN tractor forum.:laughing: It can change your life for the good.:thumbsup: