Thinking about buying a RX7320

/ Thinking about buying a RX7320 #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
Considering purchasing a cab model with loader. Not at all familiar with this brand but have owned numerous tractors over the past twenty years. I need something big enough to get some serious work done but small enough to trailer to my property an hour away. I was looking at used Deere and Kubota machines say five years old or less and relatively low hours and it seems I can buy a new Kioti for the same price.

Im thinking this tractor might be big enough to handle all my needs which would allow me to sell my 4440. I plow and plant about twenty acres at my house and might plant a similar amount of acres at my property an hour away for wildlife food plots.

Curious if there are any owners of this model who can provide feedback. I am pretty handy at fixing things myself but the closest dealer is 80 miles away which is somewhat concerning.

/ Thinking about buying a RX7320 #2  
I have had a 7320 cab model for 3 years and it is a good tractor. Recently had the first real problem with it that I fixed with a can of electrical cleaner and a little head scratching. Maintenance is easy on them, the loaders are strong (just used it to unload a bundle of 50 8" x 25' C purlins from a trailer but it was sketchy), and regular maintenance is easy. The 4wd pulls really well and has kept me from getting stuck. What part of the state are you in? I got my from Paige and have been happy with them other than they help enable my addiction of buying implements and gadgets for the ranch.

Besides being big and heavy, how do you like your 4440? We are going to have to eventually get a 110hp + tractor and those have been on the top of my list to look at.

/ Thinking about buying a RX7320
Thanks for the reply. I love the 4440. It is hard to believe it is 41 years old because I find it more comfortable to use than the 2006 case I traded in on it. It has AC, stereo, etc. It is super simple to work on not that I ever need to do much to it. I have owned it seven years and all I have done is change batteries, fix a flat, and change the oil and fuel filters. Mine Doesn’t have a loader and is 2WD. I know they make loaders for them but the ones I have seen have two levers with one to raise and lower the boom and the other to tilt the bucket. Seem very awkward if doing a lot of loader work. I’m sure there joystick options but I haven’t seen one. I have a semi and could in theory haul it around but it is overwidth. Aside from having duals which I could remove the axles stick out to 9-10’ wide Which means I would need wide load permits to haul it which I don’t want to fool with. Another issue is my distant property is very rugged. Lots of hills you can barely make it up in a 4WD pickup. I need a MFWD tractor. For plowing and planting I love the tractor but it just isn’t a good fit for what I need now. I am torn on keeping it and buying something say 50-60 hp or selling it and buying something 100-125 HP.