Third Function Install and Valve Markings

/ Third Function Install and Valve Markings #1  

AaronD81

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
I bought the WL Long third function kit and am getting ready to install. Most of the videos and how-tos I've seen say the power beyond line is marked P or something similar. However, on my valve it appears that the power beyond is marked T, which I thought normally meant tank.

The WR Long instruction don't include pictures, it says the kit should replace the hard line that goes from the loader valve to the top of the 3 point under the seat. I called WR Long and was told to follow the lines and ignore the markings. I've attached two pictures. The line marked T appears to be the power beyond and goes from the loader valve to the top of the 3 point lift under the seat. The line marked P goes from the valve to the front of the tractor and I assume the pump.

Should I ignore the markings? Any idea why they appear to be reversed on my loader?

Kioti Valve.JPG

Kioti Valve 2.jpg

/ Third Function Install and Valve Markings #2  
The line from the 'T' port being a hose with universal hose clamps tells me that it unpressurized and thus most likely the Tank Return. As for the 'P' port, don't assume.. follow it out to the end.

/ Third Function Install and Valve Markings
The line from the 'T' port being a hose with universal hose clamps tells me that it unpressurized and thus most likely the Tank Return. As for the 'P' port, don't assume.. follow it out to the end.
To clarify, the T line is a hard line shown in the second picture. You can't see it in the first picture, it's not the line with hose clamps.

/ Third Function Install and Valve Markings #4  
Quite a few valves that have a "T" port require a "PB adapter" that screws into the "T" port - this adapter converts the "T" port to a "PB" port, and internally separates the Tank gallery (usually NOT capable of full hydraulic pressure) from the PB gallery - those type valves can have EITHER a PB port (meaning the "T" port PLUS a PB adapter) OR a Tank port - The adapter allows the valve to pass along hydraulic pressure to an add-on valve, WITHOUT damaging seals in the Tank gallery.

When making changes that involve adding the PB adapter, you would need to replace any low pressure plumbing that USED to return to tank, with FULL pressure hose or tubing rather than re-using it for the new PB line to new valves.

The PB adapters accomplish this segregation with a couple of strategically located O rings that separate the two galleries; those O rings are usually already installed on the adapter when you get it... Steve

/ Third Function Install and Valve Markings #5  
To clarify, the T line is a hard line shown in the second picture. You can't see it in the first picture, it's not the line with hose clamps.
If I am following you, the valve has 7 lines going to it. 4 go to the cylinders on the loader. 1 is marked P which is power in from the pump.

Then you have 1 line that is in the first picture using hose clamps. That is the return to tank.

The hard line marked T1 in the second picture would be the power beyond line. It looks like there is a Power Beyond sleeve installed on that port to me.

/ Third Function Install and Valve Markings #6  
LOL.. The 2nd pic didnt load at the time, apparently. I was seriously wondering.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ Third Function Install and Valve Markings
If I am following you, the valve has 7 lines going to it. 4 go to the cylinders on the loader. 1 is marked P which is power in from the pump.

Then you have 1 line that is in the first picture using hose clamps. That is the return to tank.

The hard line marked T1 in the second picture would be the power beyond line. It looks like there is a Power Beyond sleeve installed on that port to me.

Exactly, just seemed odd my valve is P for pump when everywhere else I’ve seen P means power beyond.

/ Third Function Install and Valve Markings #8  
Exactly, just seemed odd my valve is P for pump when everywhere else I’ve seen P means power beyond.
No, P is always pressure. PB, PB, C or N means Power Beyond.