This has to be a record !!!

/ This has to be a record !!!
I replaced a functioning fridge a couple of summers ago because it was sucking down $30.00 of power a month. My appliance lady, knowing me, told me to not spend money on a new fridge because the variable speed compressors are always running, so no matter how much money you spend, in 10-12 years the thing will die. My new fridge really did save me $25-30 a month on power so has paid for itself.
I now truly believe that a low end on-off, temp up/down refridge is the only way to go…they just all suck when it comes to true quality and longevity. If I’m going to get screwed, might as well be w a lower cost unit than a $2000+ one.

I wish we could find where these appliance execs live. When one of their notorious piece of xxxx craters at an early age, like to have it shipped and dropped off in their driveway !!!

/ This has to be a record !!! #93  
Before he died, he had 12 carpal tunnel syndrome operations from trying to torque out bad compressors. The last compressor he tried to take out he strained so hard he had a heart attack!

Here are the units for me !! Can’t believe they ship them for free…scroll down to pricing…

if my wife bought these, we’d all know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried; my wife would be w him !

/ This has to be a record !!! #96  
Of the appliances I bought when I built my house 7 years ago, the Whirlpool washing machine, oven, and dishwasher have ALL broken. They’re built in America, not so far from me, and are supposed to be a success story, but they’re PATHETIC. I think they’re cutting all kinds of corners to pay their domestic workforce.
they may have been assembled in the USA ? but all the parts are brokered to the lowest bidder....Of course China is main ingredient but they are moving on to more profitable ventures like the NBA, solar panels, batteries, Apple, Microsoft etc. the list goes on.........much of these parts come from Mexico, Brazil and many more and ever increasing China financed manufacturing facilities with no environmental rules.Western civilizations have been dumbed down by corporate greed and the "hoaxy" global market controlled by China. "paying the workforce" to assemble components not made in the USA........I guess that might be a small part of the much larger issue here........selling out to globalism is the elephant in the room.

ad; have you checked out who owns the assembly plant ? China has bought off thousands of companies that work hand in hand with China. Lets not "pretend" anymore.

/ This has to be a record !!! #97  
The Whirlpool washing machine factory in Clyde, OH is the largest washing machine factory in the world. I'm pretty sure it's owned by Whirlpool. ;)

/ This has to be a record !!! #98  
After our fancy front loading digital washer and dryer died to to a power surge, I did a little research before replacing them. We bought a new Speed Queen set with manual controls. Still made 100% in the US (Wisconsin) and they weigh twice as much as comparable units made by other companies. Because all the gears and internals are steel, brass and bronze. The company says they have an average life of 25 years before needing repairs. We’ll see, but they have been trouble free for 6 years so far.
I just looked up Speed Queen and it's impressive. Next one will be a Speed Queen.

Any good refrigerators still made with real quality?

/ This has to be a record !!! #99  
The Whirlpool washing machine factory in Clyde, OH is the largest washing machine factory in the world. I'm pretty sure it's owned by Whirlpool. ;)
a manufacturing facility....or an assembly plant? Whirlpool is a corporation that puts its name on a product that they are satisfied to recycle on the cheap....I guess at least having US workers employed is better than no jobs, but a company of integrity with a reliable long lasting product manufactured locally? Accountability gets compromised without "pride." hence "one and done" and "sell another" is who they have become. Whirlpool USA, in name only.

my 54 year old Sears Coldspot is still keeping my beer ice cold on my back deck.....all factory USA made parts including the steel racks and outside steel casing.

/ This has to be a record !!! #100  
I now truly believe that a low end on-off, temp up/down refridge is the only way to go…they just all suck when it comes to true quality and longevity. If I’m going to get screwed, might as well be w a lower cost unit than a $2000+ one.

I wish we could find where these appliance execs live. When one of their notorious piece of xxxx craters at an early age, like to have it shipped and dropped off in their driveway !!!
It is my understanding that manufacturers are being forced by law to make these things more efficient. One does wonder if the production and trash costs are ever factored in? Likely not because if we began doing that we'd realize most of the green things are an energy and resource-wasting boondoggle.