This has to be a record !!!

/ This has to be a record !!! #52  
Our fridge/freezer makes plenty of ice for us. Maybe if there were another half a dozen people around here we'd need more.
I do that also. Often the defrost cycle has dried the trays out before I use them. That’s why I said that I would buy one of those IF and instead of, I thought I needed an ice maker in the frig.

/ This has to be a record !!! #53  
Its funny in the appliance world what they try and pass off and charge more for as stainless steel. Most probably know Real stainless has useful antimicrobial properties, my "Stainless steel" fridge holds magnetic pictures 😂.

/ This has to be a record !!! #54  

Out next washer & dryer will be speed queen
they last a lot longer than the other brands.

Never buy the top of the line washing machine
I worked on appliances the last two knobs on the
washing machine cost $50 each and all three knobs
did the same thing all wired together just look at
the schematic.

It seems like the new frigerators last about 2 or 3
months past the warranty and you get stuck with
the repair and the pc board costs about $600 and
takes only 6 or 7 months to get one.

Its cheaper the purchase the small referators from
walmart under $200 they will probably last longer
than the larger more expensive ones and they are
very simple to dispose of

If you are going to purchase a window a/c unit don't
get them from walmart they take 15 amps for a 5000
btu unit when you can get an 8000 btu unit that draws
6.4 amps. Chrysler a/c company had a window unit
that put out 14400 btu drawing 6.4 amps but they sold
the company and all kinds of law suits resulted.

willy

/ This has to be a record !!! #55  
Its funny in the appliance world what they try and pass off and charge more for as stainless steel. Most probably know Real stainless has useful antimicrobial properties, my "Stainless steel" fridge holds magnetic pictures 😂.
My 5 gallon stainless steel pot rusted out.

/ This has to be a record !!! #56  
It’s not a tractor, but it’s more than worth mentioning.

I just had a 2020 almost brand new whirlpool fridge ice maker go bad…no more whirlpools ever again.

During my rant, l just learned that my 94 yr old uncle has a wedding gift that is still working. It’s a 72 yr old Sears & Roebuck Coldspot freezer that is still cranking out the cold temps. Can you believe it??? I’ve enclosed the ser & model #’s so you can look up the dates. It’s been plugged in the whole time, minus 3 move times…what a beast !!!
Interesting....the 106 code in the model number on the 72 yr old freezer means it was built by Whirlpool....different times.

/ This has to be a record !!! #57  
My 5 gallon stainless steel pot rusted out.
For some of the prices out there Id be hoping for 304 or 316 stainless which is not magnetic and somewhat antimicrobial.

/ This has to be a record !!! #58  
After our fancy front loading digital washer and dryer died to to a power surge, I did a little research before replacing them. We bought a new Speed Queen set with manual controls. Still made 100% in the US (Wisconsin) and they weigh twice as much as comparable units made by other companies. Because all the gears and internals are steel, brass and bronze. The company says they have an average life of 25 years before needing repairs. We’ll see, but they have been trouble free for 6 years so far.
I purchased a commercial Speed Queen washer. It has everything but the coin box. Same as those found in laundry mats. I can repair it myself if need be and parts should be available just about forever. Cost me a little less than a grand.

/ This has to be a record !!! #59  
Mine holds rust!

/ This has to be a record !!! #60  
After our fancy front loading digital washer and dryer died to to a power surge, I did a little research before replacing them. We bought a new Speed Queen set with manual controls. Still made 100% in the US (Wisconsin) and they weigh twice as much as comparable units made by other companies. Because all the gears and internals are steel, brass and bronze. The company says they have an average life of 25 years before needing repairs. We’ll see, but they have been trouble free for 6 years so far.
We've had our Speed Queen washer for about 12 years now and it's still going strong. There's parts availability too since Speed Queen builds most of the commercial models for laundromats. They are pricey but they're built like a tank. If you're in the market for a simple, no frills washing machine or dryer that should outlast all the junk Lowe's and HD sell, look no further. There's a simple adjustment to get the wash tub to fill completely since EPA regs only allow the new ones to fill up around 2/3 full, which is really stupid.