This is my last post on TBN

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / This is my last post on TBN #123  
If all you’re concerned about is discussing tractors, why are you on this thread at all?
I’m done with this thread. Hopefully the moderators continue to enforce the forum rules. Knock yourself out beating this dead horse.

/ This is my last post on TBN #124  
Free speech applies to the government not telling you what you can say. When you come onto private property, the owner can establish the rules or tell you to leave their property. You have every right in the US to express your opinions in a public place. This forum is a private place and the owner has the right to establish rules for your free use of their site.
And what does that have to do with tractors? See post 98.

/ This is my last post on TBN #125  
I hate to break this to you. TBN is not the Internet. It is a privately owned website.
Not exactly Mike. It's privately held but if it was not for the Internet, it would not exist. I too have a .com website and I could if I wanted to, have a discussion forum on it. I don't want to. One, don't have the time and two, I don't particularly like people anyway and 3, I'd make a terrible moderator. I have a low threshold for stupidity.

FYI if it's not overstepping the users agreement too much, my .com website address is: www.flipmeisters.com It has nothing at all to do with tractors either. I sell custom built motorcycle parts world wide so I require a dot net site.

/ This is my last post on TBN #126  
Free speech applies to the government not telling you what you can say. When you come onto private property, the owner can establish the rules or tell you to leave their property. You have every right in the US to express your opinions in a public place. This forum is a private place and the owner has the right to establish rules for your free use of their site.

I think Internet forums ought to fall under public, they aren’t in your house - they are the new public square. This goes for Facebook also. I’m sure no human has the right to squelch another’s free speech. Or tell him to wear a mask for that matter

/ This is my last post on TBN #127  
I am defining political as ignoring factual science and making a social issue out of a science issue. This goes for both left and right perspectives.
As a social scientist I am highly offended that you do not consider my knowledge factual science. Since you clearly offended and insulted at least one other member, by rule, you must be banned. Of course, using that absolute measure, everyone will eventually be banned except the boss. ;)

Everyone has a political leaning including "factual" scientists. The worst are those who refuse to admit or acknowledge their bias.

The worst posters I have seen here have not been those who post political or religious thoughts, it has been those who deliberately bait others into politics and then complain that their victim fell for their trap. Like blaming a deer for obstructing a bullet.

/ This is my last post on TBN #128  
I think Internet forums ought to fall under public, they aren’t in your house - they are the new public square. This goes for Facebook also. I’m sure no human has the right to squelch another’s free speech. Or tell him to wear a mask for that matter
And this thread will now be closed in 3.........2..........

/ This is my last post on TBN #129  
I'm new to this forum, and thought it was a great place to hang out. But if there is censorship involved...then I'm out too. I'll stick around for a while and see.....

/ This is my last post on TBN #130  
Sharing knowledge about tractors, hobby farming and country living is why I joined and have stayed in this group. Very sorry to lose a member with lots of skill and experience. The last few years I've noticed a lot less tolerance of rookies asking basic questions about our lifestyle and care of equipment. Sometimes it seems like some people want to pick on newbies instead of helping them. We all have to start getting along better for the good of all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.