This is what can happen

/ This is what can happen #1  

turbo660

Bronze Member
Tractor
'09 bobcat ct230
The new toy hauler is only a month old when I take dare from a friend.

So my budy calls me up and tells me he's going to run his new F-250 Powerstroke in an ice race (1/4 mile drag race on, yes ,ON a frozen lake). and says "You should bring your truck up and run it." So I say why not I've got nothing to prove, or lose. Little did I know what would happen.

Well this is what it looked like. I've got a brand new 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ
(that I bought after christmas) and enter it in the 1/2 ton class against 20 other trucks new and old Ford, Chev, and Dodge. Having never done this before, I was just hoping to win one race,when it happens. Win 1,:) win 2,:) win 3,:) win 4,:):laughing: win 5,:laughing::laughing: and I just took 1st place in class. I still cant believe it.

What can I say. Chevy a PROVEN winner.:p

Only bad thing, my friend lost in his first race.:(

Attachments

• DSC00684 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00684 - Copy.JPG
    545.1 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC00686 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00686 - Copy.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC00687 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00687 - Copy.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 238
   / This is what can happen #2  
What engine and what were your times?

/ This is what can happen #3  
What tires?

Chris

/ This is what can happen #4  
Nice Job! :thumbsup:
Good looking truck!

/ This is what can happen
Lets see if I can answer all questions.

First, they were just using a camera to capture the finish. No timing lights were used, so no times available.Speed at finish was between 75 and 85 mph (and thats not wheel spin).

Second, the truck has the 5.3 running on E85, with 6-speed shiftable automatic trans. Just put in drive and ran in 4 high with traction control off.

Third, tires are stock Bridgestone Duelers, at about 38-39 psi at time of runs. Factory spec is 35 psi.

Although I'd like to say the jacket helped, I wasn't actually wearing it at the time.

And yes the truck is very dirty, but that's what it looked like going down the track

/ This is what can happen #7  
Congrats!

Sorry your friend didn't do better, but you can probably cheer him up by reminding him that it could have been worse.....much worse.

He could have gone through the ice while racing, (perhaps awkward to explain to the insurance company...especially with lots of witnesses on hand to see it), or....the truck could have experienced an expensive mechanical failure during the racing, (equally awkward to explain while trying to file a warranty claim at the dealer...especially with lots of witnesses on hand to see it.)

;)

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, it's just that nowadays someone is capturing everything everyone else does on video. I went to a tractor/truck pull and saw a few guys with newer trucks lined up to hook to the sled and give it a go in the stocker classes. I wondered what would happen if something expensive let go during the competition, and video evidence later surfaced showing the, ummm...."non-approved" duty the vehicle was exposed to. I've yet to see a warranty booklet that doesn't offer up specific exclusions for competition use of any type.

:confused2:

Just sayin'

:thumbsup:

/ This is what can happen #8  
Congrats! Was there snow on the track?

/ This is what can happen #10  
Lets see if I can answer all questions.

First, they were just using a camera to capture the finish. No timing lights were used, so no times available.Speed at finish was between 75 and 85 mph (and thats not wheel spin).

Second, the truck has the 5.3 running on E85, with 6-speed shiftable automatic trans. Just put in drive and ran in 4 high with traction control off.

Third, tires are stock Bridgestone Duelers, at about 38-39 psi at time of runs. Factory spec is 35 psi.

Although I'd like to say the jacket helped, I wasn't actually wearing it at the time.

And yes the truck is very dirty, but that's what it looked like going down the track

Congratulations. I guess it all came down to driver skill then since you were running a 100% stock truck. You are a heck of a driver. That type of driving takes good torque management and it sounds as if you are a master.

Chris