This TBN Website

/ This TBN Website
OK I think I'm making progress. Spent some time today tracking and uprooting the automatic references to iCloud in my computer. Most of those were the result of broken links and partial connections caused by Apple automatically trying to make linking to iCloud the default condition in my OSx each time I had an interaction with Apple Support or went to an Apple site.

Now for the first time in months TBN seems to be responding better.
It sure helps to know the upgrade is working for the rest of our group.

BTW, I don't mind the ads - even the "targeted ads" if they stay off to the side. I just didn't like them plastered randomly on top of the posts that I was trying to read.
rScotty

/ This TBN Website #32  
Yes, the concensus is that it is browser related. But if that is the case, why is it specific to TBN and no other site?
As someone mentioned, it could be adblock or other extensions you've authorized in your browser that aren't playing nicely with TBN (so disabling all your extensions might be a start).

Another possible cause is that stored cookies and other things are problematic, so you might need to go into the settings for your browser and delete all cookies and other data associated with the TBN domain.

Sometimes this stuff just happens. Lately, for no reason I can ascertain, I can no longer log into chase.com to pay my credit card bills. I haven't figured it out yet (deleting cookies didn't help), so I have to use a whole different browser to access the account for the time being. That might help you too, try a different browser.

If you're running on Microsoft Windows, there's also the possibility your system has been compromised with malware of some kind, and that it's messing with your system in multiple ways, including network bandwidth. (Of course that can happen on other platforms too, Windows is just the traditional top dog of malware).

As for TBN, the only issue I've had is that it no longer sends me emails when threads are updated, and changing my settings doesn't appear to have fixed it. Otherwise it has been behaving extremely well.

/ This TBN Website #33  
I run Win 10, use a free add blocker and am on a local wireless internet system.
Must say I've had no problems with RBN especially no adds on it.
Not so with some other sites however. (like adds up/down and sideways)
TBN for me is a pleasure to browse.

My only complaint is that I have to constantly open PM's to see as I don't get advises.

/ This TBN Website #34  
I occasionally get timeouts when loading on the app, Android 11, Google Pixel 3XL; the app finally says that the site is down for a bit. Happens to me every few days and seems somewhat temporary (can't immediately retry the app to get it to work, but ten minutes later it'll be up).

Otherwise, I've had zero issues on Windows 10/Chrome and Linux/Chrome. Come to think of it, I'll try the web interface on my phone next time the app fails and see if it's app or server for my problem.

/ This TBN Website #35  
I run Win 10, use a free add blocker and am on a local wireless internet system.
Must say I've had no problems with RBN especially no adds on it.
Not so with some other sites however. (like adds up/down and sideways)
TBN for me is a pleasure to browse.

My only complaint is that I have to constantly open PM's to see as I don't get advises.
What's RBN? Is that another forum. I may check it out?

/ This TBN Website #37  
I’m sorry to hear you’ve had so many problems with TBN. For me TBN was pretty annoying before the update, greatly improved since the update !!! I mostly use Apple iPad connected through Verizon jetpack, occasionally use iPhone but highly prefer iPad . Where I live Verizon is my only choice for internet other than satellite and that simply wouldn’t work for the traveling I do.

Last edited:
   / This TBN Website #38  
I use Tapatalk for my foruming. I like TT and that way all forums are almost identical.