Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 2860M Cab, New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
Thinking about getting a midsized truck. I like both the Ranger and Colorado. Are there any Colarado owners out there? Any likes/dislikes?

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #2  
I don't have one and guess they would be considered mid sized by today's standards. Last time I looked at one (Colorado) I commented to the people with me that they were as big as the 1/2 ton pickups of the 70's and 80's. Trucks you could get into without a step ladder, easily reach into the bed or sit on the tailgate without needing a boost.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #3  
I have a thread here about our 2019 ranger which we like very much. Today we have about 40K miles on it. Back then, we didn't even consider GM machines because of them having so much less HP for the towing we do.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #4  
   / Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #5  
The Ranger is an awesome truck; I'm quite smitten with them, anyhow. I was giving them considerable attention when I purchased my F350; the missus talked me away from the Ranger due to my physical size. I'm sure she was right, and that after a while my knees would not appreciate the smaller interior, but I was really impressed with the truck.

I can't say anything about the current Colorado/Canyon, as I know nothing about them other than they were just redesigned. I think they look nice, and I'm pretty sure the one next to me at a light the other day was a small turbo diesel, it sounded great.

Both trucks are really popular around here, so I'd imagine they're both rather nice.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #6  
   / Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #7  
   / Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #8  
I have a thread here about our 2019 ranger which we like very much. Today we have about 40K miles on it. Back then, we didn't even consider GM machines because of them having so much less HP for the towing we do.
Which engine were you looking at? Back when you bought the Ranger, GM had the 3.6L v6 in the Colorado and it had 310HP....about 40 more than the Ranger. Now the turbo 2.7L engines can have even more HP and way more torque.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #9  
Which engine were you looking at? Back when you bought the Ranger, GM had the 3.6L v6 in the Colorado and it had 310HP....about 40 more than the Ranger. Now the turbo 2.7L engines can have even more HP and way more torque.
I can't recall what were were looking at back in 2018.