Thoughts on GST transmissions

/ Thoughts on GST transmissions #43  
2005 3130 no problems.

/ Thoughts on GST transmissions #44  
I have a 3130 gst I bought new in 2005. The only thing I did was change the fluids and it went through 1 battery.

/ Thoughts on GST transmissions #45  
GST SUCK ON HILLS Due to rollback as they shift a bit slow. Dual clutch design would fix this.

/ Thoughts on GST transmissions #46  
GST SUCK ON HILLS Due to rollback as they shift a bit slow. Dual clutch design would fix this.
You are trying to power shift under power on a hill? Why?

Get to know the GST transmission characteristics. If you insist on NOT using the clutch, shift like you would in a stick shift car/truck without using the clutch. For upshifts, run up the RPMs, lift off the throttle as you shift the GST, then power on when it engages. For downshifts, lift off the throttle as you shift the GST, then power on when it engages.

If you keep the power on when the GST is trying to shift, it will always shift slowly. If you let off power when shifting, it shifts much quicker.

If you can't do that, use the manual (foot) clutch. It has brakes. If you need to shift while on a hill, stop and shift, just like you would with a manual transmission. No different.

/ Thoughts on GST transmissions #47  
You are trying to power shift under power on a hill? Why?

Get to know the GST transmission characteristics. If you insist on NOT using the clutch, shift like you would in a stick shift car/truck without using the clutch. For upshifts, run up the RPMs, lift off the throttle as you shift the GST, then power on when it engages. For downshifts, lift off the throttle as you shift the GST, then power on when it engages.

If you keep the power on when the GST is trying to shift, it will always shift slowly. If you let off power when shifting, it shifts much quicker.

If you can't do that, use the manual (foot) clutch. It has brakes. If you need to shift while on a hill, stop and shift, just like you would with a manual transmission. No different.
What you describe helps and is good practice. GST does not suck on hills, however the GST is a bit of a pain in the butt on hills especially with with a underpowered L39 (turned up a bit to a honest 40 hp) and ballasted to about 8200 lbs. You loose speed and sometimes roll back if not using brakes. I tend to lug the motor, thus often need to downshift. I would take GST over 3 speed HST such as an L48, but that HST+ would be nice especially in the L47 or M62