Three point position control friction adjustment

/ Three point position control friction adjustment #1  

ericm979

Tractor
Branson 3725H
The position control lever for my three point has too much friction. That makes it difficult to move the lever a small amount. I finally got around to adjusting it. If you look where the lever goes into the case there is a friction mechanism there. On the end is a spring and a retainer plate held on by two double nutted studs. I undid the outer nuts and backed the inners out a full turn then tightened the outer jam nuts down. That reduced the friction and makes the lever move noticeably easier.

Of course that also makes it easier to move by accident but I'm not too prone to that sort of thing.

/ Three point position control friction adjustment #2  
Thanks for the heads up, Eric.

Mine didn't have that problem but it's always good to post these things for the public record so hopefully they come up in search results.

/ Three point position control friction adjustment #3  
The position control lever for my three point has too much friction. That makes it difficult to move the lever a small amount. I finally got around to adjusting it. If you look where the lever goes into the case there is a friction mechanism there. On the end is a spring and a retainer plate held on by two double nutted studs. I undid the outer nuts and backed the inners out a full turn then tightened the outer jam nuts down. That reduced the friction and makes the lever move noticeably easier.

Of course that also makes it easier to move by accident but I'm not too prone to that sort of thing.

Also can do the same for the throttle lever.