Throttle/Choke cables insulation

/ Throttle/Choke cables insulation
Well, I slipped the cable back in last night, got it all hooked up and wrapped some of that header tape around it(that's all I could source locally). I was more impressed that I got the throttle and choke cables back in the right places. It started right up! :ROFLMAO:

After moving snow for about 20 minutes, I was done, so I checked the wrap. It was warm. I'm thinking a metal shield between the cables and hot exhaust components would do a much better job, so I'll look into that over time.

/ Throttle/Choke cables insulation
A guy showed me a trick for reducing sharp cable tie cut ends. Instead of clipping the tag end, grab the tag end as close to the zipper block with a pair of pliers and spin it around a few times. That softens the plastic and it then breaks off leaving a very small, soft to the touch nub VS that razor sharp cut. Basically, you're twisting it off VS cutting it off.

/ Throttle/Choke cables insulation #15  
That's my problem with specialized tools. If you use them all day long, it is wonderful. For rank amateurs like me, the cost/benefit ratio is a bit skewed.

I just use flush cut wire cutters, and watch how I do it, but I like @MossRoad's twisty idea.

All the best,

Peter