Time for a new portable generator

/ Time for a new portable generator #11  
the honda 7000 inverter is a great, quiet unit. i have used several that the Idaho Dept of Lands have, and cant be beat. problem is their so dang spendy. i can buy a generac 22,000 watt unit for the same cost

/ Time for a new portable generator #12  
We use our Honda EU1000 mostly for our 4hr or less power outages. Runs internet, some lights, Sat TV and 65" big screen without coming off economy low idle.
The EU2000 if needed for coffee pot and refer and freezers.

Have a Champion 7500W electric start dual fuel. Has never seen gasoline. For when everything is needed including well.

Could buy 5 of these for what it"s Honda comparable costs.

/ Time for a new portable generator #14  
   / Time for a new portable generator #15  
How will that help you if it doesn't work properly when you need it?

I keep hearing that it's a coin toss with generators from china, so I think it's worth the money to spend more, you know......buy once, cry once......

SR
Especially when, when you need it you really don’t want to have to fix it.

/ Time for a new portable generator #16  
I think there are several good options. For lack of any recent experience, I did some research and kept seeing Westinghouse.

Not a name that comes to my mind when thinking about generators.
But the reviews and options won me over.

-Dual fuel (just went thru a gas shortage last May on East coat
-Remote start (for wife)
-9500 running watts, 12500 startup
-50 amp plug
-transfer switch ready, transfer switch available to autostart a few things if you don't mind extension cords running to the frig etc.

$999 at Sam's Club

So my expertise is zero. I don't even have it yet but that is what I bought.

/ Time for a new portable generator #17  
If you would be interested in a good BlackMax 7000 watt unit, I have one I'm going to list on CL soon. Honda GX390 ngine was overhauled two years ago, has about 20-30 hours on it since then. Have used it twice for power outages, works great.
PM me if interested.

/ Time for a new portable generator #18  
I think there are several good options. For lack of any recent experience, I did some research and kept seeing Westinghouse.

Not a name that comes to my mind when thinking about generators.
But the reviews and options won me over.

-Dual fuel (just went thru a gas shortage last May on East coat
-Remote start (for wife)
-9500 running watts, 12500 startup
-50 amp plug
-transfer switch ready, transfer switch available to autostart a few things if you don't mind extension cords running to the frig etc.

$999 at Sam's Club

So my expertise is zero. I don't even have it yet but that is what I bought.

I have that one model, and so does Daugen. Very happy with mine.

/ Time for a new portable generator #19  
We use our Honda EU1000 mostly for our 4hr or less power outages. Runs internet, some lights, Sat TV and 65" big screen without coming off economy low idle.
The EU2000 if needed for coffee pot and refer and freezers.

Have a Champion 7500W electric start dual fuel. Has never seen gasoline. For when everything is needed including well.

Could buy 5 of these for what it"s Honda comparable costs.

It is a smart option. No need for inverter technology for most uses so you can get a less expensive main generator,and a smaller inverter type for sensitive stuff.

And dual fuel propane/gas makes a lot of sense for the main generator.

/ Time for a new portable generator
It is a smart option. No need for inverter technology for most uses so you can get a less expensive main generator,and a smaller inverter type for sensitive stuff.

And dual fuel propane/gas makes a lot of sense for the main generator.

Yes but the wife will not want to think that she needs to switch generators when she wants to run the well or microwave and coffee pot together etc.

If they were not so spendy I would simply put in a standby generator with some load shedding and be done with it. But given the lack of poweroutages (knocking hard on wood now) it is not an investment I want to make at this point.

I can get a new genset and wire the barn with an interlock and plug for a couple thou and be good.