Time to convert from small engine to battery tools?

/ Time to convert from small engine to battery tools? #351  
I use an Aussie product/head called "WeedWakka" and it works great. Possibly available via eBay.
I have something like that only it's got three blades. I got it from my Stihl dealer years ago. When I went back for more blades they said the company had gone out of business. Something about some blades came loose and went flying.

As Ultrarunner says, can't use it when the grass is dry as it might spark on a rock.

I mostly use really thick Orgeon X-shaped string. I think it's .105" dia. It's heavy enough that it doesn't break when I hit branches and will cut up to about 3/8" diameter woody brush (like French broom). It needs a strong string trimmer/brush cutter to turn it, and it does not work well on very fine grass.

/ Time to convert from small engine to battery tools? #352  
I gather you only use a chainsaw for trimming, cutting up downed branches, etc? Sure wouldn't want to use a battery one to get my firewood in.

Battery finish nailer...yeah, that'd be a good thing to have.
I have both from Dewalt. The 20V 12" bar and the 60V 16" bar. Got rid of 2 0f 3 Stihls.
Most of our trees are 12" and under diameter fir and maple.
That's all i use to cut my firewood now. I use both till I go through 2 or 3 60V batteries and its time to recharge the batteries and myself.
I goto lunch while the batteries are recharging and either come back to cut more or split and stack what I cut and start again the next day or so.

At 70+ years I have gone from a Stihl 044 down to a Stihl MS310 down to a Stihl MS250 down to a Stihl MS170.

Never looked back, battery saws only. Kept the MS250 for when the mountain blows. Sooo much easier to start, maintain and quiet to run.
IMHO

/ Time to convert from small engine to battery tools? #353  
Doctor wants me walk due to help resolve blood clots in legs so I to discharge one or two batteries with our 80 volt Kobalt 21 inch mower most days. I am glad it is self propelled. :)

/ Time to convert from small engine to battery tools? #354  
Liking the Ryobi technology in battery equipment. Have ordered a Ryobi zero turn and plan to convert to Ryobi 40v self propelled walkbehind mower and probably a Ryobi grass trimmer if I can sell my Kobalt one. Sold the Kobalt 40v mower yesterday, a brushed one, not too powerful. Have had battery chain saws since 2013. Wife wore out 2 Kobalt ones. Now have a Stihl 36v one, which gobbles chain oil.

/ Time to convert from small engine to battery tools? #355  
Doctor wants me walk due to help resolve blood clots in legs so I to discharge one or two batteries with our 80 volt Kobalt 21 inch mower most days. I am glad it is self propelled. :)

How do you like that mower. Wife wants one and we already have the 80 volt tools.

On another subject my mom was wanting to get her a battery trimmer to help dad. I gave her my old lynx trimmer and blower. They still run excellent and batteries are good. Told her if she liked them fine if not I would get her something else.

/ Time to convert from small engine to battery tools? #356  
Just bought the Ego 56V trimmer/blower combo from Lowes. For comparison, I have a gas Stihl combi trimmer, and a 20V Dewalt battery trimmer. I've been disappointed with the Dewalt 20V trimmer although all their other 20V products I have are great.

The 56V trimmer is certainly a step up in performance from the Dewalt. Not to the level of the gas trimmer, but it will do the job I bought it for. And the force of the blower is ASTONISHING. I don't yet know how long the battery lasts but I know already I will be using both of these new tools often.

/ Time to convert from small engine to battery tools? #357  
I have the M18 quick-lok. Just got the pole saw extension and a second battery (they are so expensive.) I have the trimmer attachment too. I have taken down a number of 2-4" branches and below some honeysuckle bushes en-wrapped in vines.
I like it and the 5AH battery lasted me over and hour with some left. The other battery is 8AH and I have not run that down 100%, yet.
I have quite a bit of trimming to do this weekend, so will put it to the test a bit more.

polAfter20210504_175853.jpg

/ Time to convert from small engine to battery tools? #358  
Read my review of the Ryobi 40v brushless grass whip. It's awesome. Did the review on "going gasless" in lawn & garden area.

Just wish they had (may have; gonna check) a 2 aH battery for it. That's all the Kobalt would take. Would make the Ryobi lighter to use.