timer on small gas water pump

/ timer on small gas water pump #21  
Yes ,Load 2 has a reading , load 1 no reading- open. thk/u
OK great, so now turn the dial so that there is some time on the timer. When you do that, load 1 should have a reading and load 2 should not.

/ timer on small gas water pump
OK great, so now turn the dial so that there is some time on the timer. When you do that, load 1 should have a reading and load 2 should not.
No, after turning the dial all stays the same ?

/ timer on small gas water pump #23  
Using the wrong terminal for common when testing? Doesn't sound tight for SPDT. whatever voltage the switch is rated for might be needed for the buzzer. (NA here)

/ timer on small gas water pump #24  
I'm not sure this is the exact model that you ordered but the following video should provide a good understanding on how these mechanical timers work:

/ timer on small gas water pump #25  
Yes interesting video but unfouritialy, he does not demonstrate the NC contact operation.

/ timer on small gas water pump #26  
I'd use one load/term to ground a SGE ignition if GTS and the other to energize it if the engine is GTR. A switch is a switch & SPDT is very basic. We use those 'cube' auto relays with SPDT contacts for other stuff to, just energized trip vs timed. One load is closed and one is open when the timer is ticking. When time's up they reverse functions. Easy peasy.

/ timer on small gas water pump #27  
Well according to this user instruction sheet I found on the internet, you have to wire the two line input terminals together for this to work as a spdt.
1629559841447.png

Note this bottom schematic, shows both lines wired together, then load1 or load2 will work for this application.

Well according to this user instruction sheet I found on the internet, you have to wire the two line input terminals together for this to work as a spdt.
View attachment 710509
Note this bottom schematic, shows both lines wired together, then load1 or load2 will work for this application.
Lots of good input here and well thought , but i'm lost (reverse action switching ? ) SEG , GTS ignition, cube ignitions ?? I'm just a good valve lapper !! . Is the reverse action switching schematic drawing the one I should show my sparky buddy for help? thk/u. gus..

/ timer on small gas water pump #29  
Don't think of reversing or other bits that may confuse. From the common terminal either load will be on or off whether the timer is ticking or clicks off. Just use whichever either grounds your ignition to run or to stop. Connect in series to the magneto's primary wire if you can (point ign) or a gen's on/off switch (pointless ign)

If the timer is strictly mechanical no need to supply 120v or anything. Again just connect common to the engine (ground) or grounded term of a gen's on/off switch and whichever load terminal works to ground or not to shut 'er down. btw, betting you'll agree it's pretty simple once you've done it. :)

Don't think of reversing or other bits that may confuse. From the common terminal either load will be on or off whether the timer is ticking or clicks off. Just use whichever either grounds your ignition to run or to stop. Connect in series to the magneto's primary wire if you can (point ign) or a gen's on/off switch (pointless ign)

If the timer is strictly mechanical no need to supply 120v or anything. Again just connect common to the engine (ground) or grounded term of a gen's on/off switch and whichever load terminal works to ground or not to shut 'er down. btw, betting you'll agree it's pretty simple once you've done it. :)
Hello; so which of the above posted wiring diagrams should i go by ? thk/u.