timer on small gas water pump

/ timer on small gas water pump #1  

nils gustafson

Tractor
New Holland 1720, 1951 ford Jubilee ,1968 JD 110 mower
would like to put a timer on my 5hp Honda water pump . Have a late night water schedule ,and have been just letting the gas run out ,but don't like the pump recycling when running out of gas. Does have an on off switch that I could wire up to this mechanical timer . The on off switch is hooked up to the low oil sensor so i have to look at it closer .. Any other ideas would be appreciated .. need my sleep 🥱 thk/u.gus.
switch.jpg

/ timer on small gas water pump #2  
I don't see why not, just replace the on off with the timer. Keep the low oil switch intact.

/ timer on small gas water pump #3  
I think you're going to find the spring timer is N/O and biased closed when the spring is wound. In other words the timer, when at zero minutes is an open circuit and is a closed circuit when it has time left on the dial.
A small engine is usually an open ignition circuit and shorted out to ground when it's shut off killing the spark, opposite of the spring switch............Mike

/ timer on small gas water pump
I think you're going to find the spring timer is N/O and biased closed when the spring is wound. In other words the timer, when at zero minutes is an open circuit and is a closed circuit when it has time left on the dial.
A small engine is usually an open ignition circuit and shorted out to ground when it's shut off killing the spark, opposite of the spring switch............Mike
wow something to consider, glad I posted ,back to thoughts, thanks..

unfortunately ,no .. but I would like to know your solution if there was ?
thk/u. for reply ,gus..

/ timer on small gas water pump #7  

Electronics really isn’t my thing so I’m not sure about the process but it can be reversed with a relay.

/ timer on small gas water pump #8  
unfortunately ,no .. but I would like to know your solution if there was ?
thk/u. for reply ,gus..
OK this may take a bit of work on your part.
First, what is the brand, make, model and part number of your engine ?

Second, do you know if there is a fuel anti-backfire solenoid on that engine ?

Richard

Honda water pump, WB20X/ model GX120T1, didn't see any BF solenoid on a parts list on line. thanks for your time, gus.

/ timer on small gas water pump #10  
OK found a spring powered timer that has a SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) switch. In the Jpeg below,it's called a 3-way switch.

1629173581700.png

1629173662464.png

Here are the choices as far as set time. You have your choice of a timer with a hold function and timer or just the timer function.

Here is the link to where I found this. You may find other sellers with a search for the timer you want:

You would want to wire the on/off switch on your engine so that one of the wires goes to the timer switch. I have not looked up you engine yet, but it should be clear what wire to use when you see how the on/off switch is wired.

You will want to put the timer in a weather proof box of some sort.

Richard