Tip for handling filled tires alone please

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please
I would be getting the engine hoist back if it was a diy thing. That's alot of weight to handle by yourself.

You are correct! Problem is I'm not sure the boom for the engine hoist under the fender and still get the tire off.

Has anyone actually used an engine hoist to do this?

Exactly . Have tires pumped out and then handle them . Do you need fluid with a backhoe mounted ?

It's a valid point but most of the time the BH will be off the tractor. I definitely need the balast without the hoe.

I did it once on my old Long 2360 UT sized tractor. With the wife's help. It sucked. Just don't let it start to tip and fall over, and if it does jump the heck out of the way and let it go. It is somewhat dangerous and the engine hoist could be very helpful.

I am well aware that once it starts to tip I will not be stopping it and could easily be injured in the process. I don't take that lightly (pun intended!)

The wheels are easier to get off than they are to get back on. So why not remove them yourself, put the backhoe subframe on, then hire a field service guy to put them back on.

I may have to resort to that if I can't get them back on! Lol.

Thank you everyone for the great advice! Please, keep it comming. :thumbsup:

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #26  
I was going to use an engine hoist on mine, but ended up using a furniture dolly rated for 1000 lbs. Worked well

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #27  
Two things already mentioned, don't let the tire get overbalanced when moving it around. In my younger days, I used to remove the outside tires on our Ford 9000 tractor and roll them up against a tree after the disking was finished. These were 18.4x38 and filled with water. Taking them off wasn't a problem for one person, but you need two to get them back on. Rather than trying to fit the tire to the tractor, use a hydraulic jack under the tractor and adjust the tractor to the tire. Turn the tractor axle to match up the bolt holes rather than try to rotate the tire. That makes it much easier BUT this requires one person to watch/hold the tire and another to adjust the jack.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #28  
Ya that would be the ticket but out of my budget/time constraints.