Tipping etiquette...what would you do?

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #191  
I don't care if you like or dislike my attitude. I am the one paying my hard earned cash for my meal and I want it the way I ordered it. End of discussion.

Alrighty then. You posted on the internet you throw food on a restaurant floor because you don't like it. Don't like the reply you got for your ridiculous actions? don't post. Now we're done discussing your behavior in a public place, not your attitude.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #192  
Wow. If I were cooking, I don't care who was wrong or right, if a customer threw his food on the floor, there WOULD be an little extra something in his next order for sure.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #193  
Yup... It does tend to violate 'good behavior' at least..

At most, setting something off to the side of your plate on a napkin. IE.. getting a jucy tomato on a sandwich and you don't eat tomato... and setting it on a napkin off your plate ( small plate / no room? ).. that's acceptable. Tossing it on the floor? Naa.. that's rude.. even if it was the wrong order.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #194  

At most, setting something off to the side of your plate on a napkin. IE.. getting a jucy tomato on a sandwich and you don't eat tomato... and setting it on a napkin off your plate ( small plate / no room? ).. that's acceptable. Tossing it on the floor? Naa.. that's rude.. even if it was the wrong order.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #195  

That is what I do. I don't eat rotten or spoiled food. I do put it on a napkin or something and maybe mention it. But if it doesn't seem to matter and I get the same quality of food twice, I cross that place off my list.

I recall going to a restaurant once and finding an inch worm on my salad. The staff did not apologize but also did not fuss when I asked that the salad be removed from my bill. I held off for probably 8 months before we went back and, I kid you not, an inch worm was on my salad again. I asked for the manager and told him two strikes and I was out without paying. Two months later they closed. No surprise.

On the flip side of this, back when I was selling lettuce to local restaurants, I had this one restaurant call me on the carpet. They had a customer complaint of a worm in their salad. They got in my face and asked me where I grew the lettuce. I said "In the dirt". I asked if they rinsed the lettuce and they said no. They cancelled my deliveries and went with someone else. A few months later they closed. No surprise.

If you are serving people, you should look at what you serve and ask yourself if you would eat it.

Last edited:
   / Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #196  
I like your answer, and yup..it's produce.. it's going to have bugs and dirt.. that's what we invented sinks for.. to wash it.

And lets face it.. no one is immune.

I one time opened a bag of frozen lima beans from a well known brand wtih a tall green mascot. ;)

As I poured them into the pan of water, i noticed one that did not look right. It was a green frozen worm about a half inch long.

what did I do? yup... fished it out, and turned the burner on and tossed in a few cuts of turkey sausage for flavor.. :)

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #197  
I like your answer, and yup..it's produce.. it's going to have bugs and dirt.. that's what we invented sinks for.. to wash it.

And lets face it.. no one is immune.

I one time opened a bag of frozen lima beans from a well known brand wtih a tall green mascot. ;)

As I poured them into the pan of water, i noticed one that did not look right. It was a green frozen worm about a half inch long.

what did I do? yup... fished it out, and turned the burner on and tossed in a few cuts of turkey sausage for flavor.. :)

I too have found a worm in my salad; not the end of the world, but it does suggest the preparer did not wash the lettuce which is more disconcerting than the worm. I once found a roofing nail in my BBQ beans; I have no idea from whence it came. In the old days of soft drinks in recycled bottles, I have found some strange things, including a full length cigarette and paint chips in the bottles.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #198  
nice....

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #199  
I too have found a worm in my salad; not the end of the world, but it does suggest the preparer did not wash the lettuce which is more disconcerting than the worm. I once found a roofing nail in my BBQ beans; I have no idea from whence it came. In the old days of soft drinks in recycled bottles, I have found some strange things, including a full length cigarette and paint chips in the bottles.

Nothing is worse than being really really thirsty and tipping that bottle of a Coke like fluid back, taking a good swig and discovering something decidedly furry is now in your mouth...

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #200  

I still have an unopened 10 oz. bottle of Coca-Cola that was one of a six pack that I bought just before Thanksgiving, 1969. It contains the wrapper from a package of cheese crackers.