Tipping etiquette...what would you do?

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #201  
Nothing is worse than being really really thirsty and tipping that bottle of a Coke like fluid back, taking a good swig and discovering something decidedly furry is now in your mouth...

Believe it or not, I have had that exact experience...only it was a fountain Coke, I was at the movies, in the dark, and sitting in the balcony. Somebody down below got a shower of Coca Cola with a furry something to boot.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #202  
Nothing is worse than being really really thirsty and tipping that bottle of a Coke like fluid back, taking a good swig and discovering something decidedly furry is now in your mouth...

Believe it or not, I have had that exact experience...only it was a fountain Coke, I was at the movies, in the dark, and sitting in the balcony. Somebody down below got a shower of Coca Cola with a furry something to boot.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #203  
My young lad found something furry in the bottom of a beer bottle one day. He told me about it.....I asked him if he still had it, he told me yes. The beer store only wanted to replace the bottle, he brought it back home. I called the beer company and got him a voucher for a free 24.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #204  
This is a little late and some how I found this post in a "Weather Station" search, so it is late by my opinion.
Anyhow... I feel the tip reflect the whole process of eating out.
How long you have to wait for the food, how the order was taken, how the order was filled, how long you had to wait for the food depending on the amount of people, the quality of food and how long it takes to correct a problem if one arises.
How much tip I give is based on all of the above not jus the server, remember the top are shared with the kitchen and bussing staff too. If the overall performance is poor and you were dissatisfied then the tip should have been the dollar.
My wife will always voice her opinion about a low tip but I lay out what I said about, "Did you enjoy the overall experience of eating out" and she usually accepts what I think... I was paying the bill.

Next time in there talk to a manager, express your dissatisfaction with the overall eating experience and see what their opinion is and go from there.

ALSO, while on the tipping thing... The one thing I really dislike about tipping in SoCal is when the tip is added automatically, not for me... I immediately call the server over and ask for another bill with out the tip, sometimes a problem but usually I get my way and then I judge what the tip should be based on overall performance. One thing I do like is when a company will add a note stating when 10, 15 and 20% tips would be, just for that little bit of consideration I add a little to the tip.

I am usually a decent tipping but I am also a critical tipper, I expect good service and as stated a good overall eating experience, even if I go to a local semi-fast food type, if a tip is expected... just do your job.

Have you gone back to that resteraunt again, how did things go and did you ever take it up with management.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #205  
This is a little late and some how I found this post in a "Weather Station" search, so it is late but it is my opinion.
Anyhow... I feel the tip reflect the whole process of eating out.
How long you has to wait for the food, how the order was taken, how the order was filled, how long you had to wait for the food depending on the amount of people, the quality of food and how long it takes to correct a problem if one arises.
How much tip I give is based on all of the above not just the server, remember the tips are shared with the kitchen and bussing staff too. If the overall performance is poor and you were dissatisfied then the tip should have been the one dollar.

My wife will always voice her opinion about a low tip but I lay out what I said about, "Did you enjoy the overall experience of eating out" and she usually accepts what I think... sometimes !

Next time in there talk to a manager, express your dissatisfaction with the overall eating experience and see what their opinion is and go from there.

ALSO, while on the tipping thing... The one thing I really dislike about tipping in SoCal is when the tip is added automatically, not for me... I immediately call the server over and ask for another bill with out the tip, there is always a slight problem but usually I get my way and then I judge what the tip should be based on overall performance. One thing I do like is when a company will add a note stating what 10, 15 and 20% tips would be, just for that little bit of consideration I add a little to the tip.

I am usually a decent tipping but I am also a critical tipper, I expect good service and as stated a good overall eating experience, even if I go to a local semi-fast food type, if a tip is expected... just do your job.

Have you gone back to that resteraunt again, how did things go and did you ever take it up with management ?